Why become a member? ×

South Wales Bass Bash Sun 29th Nov. Cardiff

OldGit

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='606004' date='Sep 22 2009, 06:41 PM']What amp are you scoping for these days? I saw you were selling the Rockverb recently.[/quote]

my orange that i'm selling is the deposit for my shuker.

amp wise i'm not sure. at the moment i have an ashdown abm 500. sounds decent. i'm thinking of running a dual dirt clean rig with the ash doing the clean and something valve for dirt.

Ok i think i should be able to make it.

can bring:
stingray-rose/blueburst/flats/3eq
peavey alpha valve preamp
crown xls402 power amp
2x BFM jack 12 cabs
squire vm fretless jazz
basterdized jazz wreck

to sell:
peavey 115bx bw cab in mint condition
probably a few pedals from digitech driver, boss odb-3, boss chorus, lmb-3, old old phaser, assmaster fuzz, etc etc

sweet! c u there!
rich (maybe rich woods/rich w to avoid confusion with the ther rich who got there first!)

I'm also a Rich W though, so it could still get confusing! :rolleyes:

[quote name='OldGit' post='600799' date='Sep 16 2009, 10:06 PM']Cheers .. If you bring your Grandma, er, GRAMMA then I don't have to bring mine :)[/quote]
If I can make it, I'll bring my home-made platform along too. Perhaps we could A/B test 'em? :lol:

[quote name='BassBod' post='610170' date='Sep 27 2009, 06:05 PM']I might get to this one - playing at the (not in Cardiff, really) Millenium centre lunchtime. Will probably have Clifton bass(es?)or could bring Alembic Epic fretless??[/quote]

Not in cardiff really? Is that a time-space rift thing? :)
Are you in the foyer?

In another thread OldGit asked if one of the Compact cabs that are currently in circulation would be available for the bash. I think they will have gone east by then, but I should have one available to bring if it would be useful (along with any of the pretty standard kit below!).

Thing is, I've never been to one of these bass-fests. Could someone kindly spell out to me what I do with anything I bring please? Do I end up having to stand by it all day to look after it? And is there any point bringing a cab without an amp?

Sorry, these are probably really thick questions for everyone who's been to one of these events!

[quote name='Apex' post='617525' date='Oct 5 2009, 03:14 PM']In another thread OldGit asked if one of the Compact cabs that are currently in circulation would be available for the bash. I think they will have gone east by then, but I should have one available to bring if it would be useful (along with any of the pretty standard kit below!).

Thing is, I've never been to one of these bass-fests. Could someone kindly spell out to me what I do with anything I bring please? Do I end up having to stand by it all day to look after it? And is there any point bringing a cab without an amp?

Sorry, these are probably really thick questions for everyone who's been to one of these events![/quote]

Fair questions indeed.

In the 2 rooms without the luthier and/or drummer there will be gear in stacks all over the place, if previous bashes are anything to go by. people set up their stacks and bass racks and then everyone wanders around and talks to the owner about their stuff and has a go.
People plug their basses into other's stacks and heads and cabs and other people's basses into their stacks.
That's the idea, really. That and putting faces to the names.

I don't know if anyone has ever had anything stolen from a bash.

We will do what we can to make sure that only "basschat" people go into our rooms but it is an open rehearsal place and Geeps could conceivibly walk in off the street, as well as other musicians using the rest of the rooms. Having said that it's way away from any passing traffic so I'm not very worried.

We will give out big obvious name stckers as people sign in so it should be pretty clear who the BC bashers are.

If you are worried about it you may want to stay in the room with it or tag team with someone else.
If you bring a Barefaced cab I suspect there will be a queue to try it with people's amps and basses so you'll probably not need to bring a head :)

Alex is looking at the possibility of sending a cab over too so we may have two...

Thanks for that, OG. Got the idea now! I'll probably bring my Mag head if only to get some idea of how it compares to the other things that people try.

Tag Team bass playing. The mind boggles :lol:

Could be really handy late in a gig when nature calls... :) :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='Apex' post='618090' date='Oct 5 2009, 11:11 PM']Thanks for that, OG. Got the idea now! I'll probably bring my Mag head if only to get some idea of how it compares to the other things that people try.

Tag Team bass playing. The mind boggles :lol:

Could be really handy late in a gig when nature calls... :) :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

Yeah I am sure people will let you have a go on some severe GAS inducing micro light head things ...

Actually if a Barefaced makes a mag sound better it's going to be woth the price alone (OK Ok people, I know! "YMMV" and all that with Ashdown but they don't work for me ...)

[quote name='chris_pokkuri' post='618108' date='Oct 5 2009, 11:31 PM']Hmm, I might be able to make this. If I do I might bring my Barefaced Big One and Hartke LH1000.... :)[/quote]

Aha! The S Wales Barefaced cabs emerge, blinking, into the light ..

Bring your for sale stuff too?