Why become a member? ×

Vic Wooten, i love how he plays.....

G MAjor

hi all i looked at this post today and really enjojed the pic's and banter, well i do not play in a band and i have not done for ... well a long time. some folk paint and never put there pictires in a gallery, some write and never have there words read, i play bass and not many hear what i play! i've admired some bass players and the one i'm interested in at the moment it's Vic, thats about it really. i work as a service tech and get home and drink, to much stella . i play when i can get inspiered to do so. i met Vic at sheppards bush in january 2007. my thumb is learning how to mimick a pick and the result? economy of motion! i hope to post some you tube ditties as soon as possible, to interact with people and enjoy the ever changing scope of music and technique.

Edited by G MAjor

TBH i respect him as i know hes a fantastic player and a million times better than me but the kinda stuff he plays just really aint for me! I like slap the way Marcus Miller does it but i really cant get into Vic's stuff!

But then again its just my opinion and im sure half the population of basschat are gonna disagree with me!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='grosa' post='65122' date='Sep 25 2007, 01:58 AM']anyone seen the thump off he did with his brother reggie?i saw it on youtube,bonkers....just mental

marcus miller is amazing

both completeley an inspiration and both hurt my brain to watch[/quote]
it's on the BASS DAY 98 dvd well worth a look and a listen, Marcus does'nt use the 2 threw 10 enough , vics the guy to learn about/from. don't think of thumping, use your thumb like a pick, then when fluent you can get all the tones, like he says ... it's an old technique dressed in new clothes and on a bass not a guitar, money for nothin and your chicks for free,,,,,,,

omg that guitar battle , i saw that !

victor wooten double thumbs , that is clever , ive tried it and also i found this thing - you no how he goes thumb , thumb , and then pops with all 4 fingers , u can down strum with each finger an then double slap , kinda like sweap slapping , good fun , if u can do it , its a gr8 party piece