Why become a member? ×

Muse effects?

XxBassMastaXx

afaik, his main distortion sound is a russian big muff, modified, and a human gear animato, run alongside clean bass. Plug in baby has some sort of filter going on, and hysteria is distorted bass alongside a roland synth, which is also used as a sample which chris plays over live.

In short, you wont get an exact studio sound without heavy studio modification, and im sure you would have noticed chris's tone is pretty different live.

[quote name='coasterbass' post='605002' date='Sep 21 2009, 09:25 PM']Best single pedal solution I've found is the MXR Blowtorch, but this has been covered in other threads here in more detail.[/quote]

Definately - on it's extreme settings it gets a very very good gated synthy fuzz which is pretty close to the multi-tracked Hysteria bass tone.

[quote name='iamapirate' post='609879' date='Sep 27 2009, 10:38 AM']Nononono!
It's 12 amps, 26 big-muffs, 5 overdriven, 2 overclocked, 3 lightly toasted and 17 in tomato sauce, with a dab of HP sauce and some coffee[/quote]
try inventing your own witty reply :)

Best thing you can use on a budget is a blowtorch, go mad.

Edited by Kev

[quote name='JJTee' post='605034' date='Sep 21 2009, 09:40 PM']Definately - on it's extreme settings it gets a very very good gated synthy fuzz which is pretty close to the multi-tracked Hysteria bass tone.[/quote]

i'm not muse expert, but plus the one on the blowtorch.

the zvex masdotron gives a good approximation as well - very gated.

[quote name='Kev' post='609945' date='Sep 27 2009, 11:34 AM']try inventing your own witty reply :)[/quote]
oops, meant to put quote tags on it :wacko:

I've literally just stopped playing around with my effects just now (whilest playing along to muse) and the closest I've got to a supermassive BH (which is very close) is to get my woolly mammoth clone on full wool, half pinch, full EQ, and to run it through my Hartke pre-amp and then into my ashdown Mag-300 combo with 4x10s through the return on the fx loop. It sounds just like it

• 7 years later...

Source audio manta

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlBbDO4lLcU"]https://www.youtube....h?v=MlBbDO4lLcU[/url]

This pedal IS muse. This awesome youtube video is where some guy plays loads of muse bass lines with the manta.

Plug....And mine will be for sale very shortly

Edited by GisserD