Why become a member? ×

Fulltone USA Bass Drive- experience anyone?

Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='64854' date='Sep 24 2007, 04:56 PM']I'm looking at the Fulltone USA Bass Drive and wondered if anyone has used one of these or has any experience with it.

Thanks[/quote]

They are fantastic. I love mine - just adds that extra bit of grind. You can pick them up for around £100 on evilBay.
Definitely recommended... But you do need to spend an extra bit of cash to get an 18V power supply to get the very best out of it.

Edited by 99ster

• 3 weeks later...

I've not tried it at 18v, kept meaning to but never got around to it. Anyone, by far the best overdrive pedal I've used and is very good value for money when compared to how much you'd have to spend on other 'boutique' pedals to get the same quality of sound.
Now, my Ampeg V4 driven really hard so the power valves provide the overdrive - that's the absolute tits, but in absence of this stupid loud rig then a BD works well :)

me too, getting an 18v power supply is on my list of things to do this week along with all the post festival gear repairs!

I dont use distortion much with the bands i currently play with so i havn't got much recent use but i think its a great overdrive.. Ive done the well trodden trawl through the distortion pedals in the search for one that doesnt suck out the bottom end and have settled on a combination of the bassdrive for boost and crunch and an old green sovtek bigmuff for the more extreme stuff...

Im really interested in hearing the 18v effect..

If you use a powerstation / onespot / Pedalpower 2 it's worth email James @ Diago about his 9v -> 18V inline voltage doubler. It takes a 9v source and doubles it to 18v, it also can provide many, many milliamps unlike the godlyke alterative.

It's perfect for running your fulltone pedals at 18. I cant remember the price, but I think it's about the same as a wallwart and a hell of a lot more tidy :)

Tasty.