Why become a member? ×

berg nv610

tanuki

[quote name='G-bitch' post='65036' date='Sep 24 2007, 08:56 PM']Mine ended up around the £940 mark. Just think of it in terms of £100 odd more than an Ampeg 810 new...... well, makes me feel better anyway![/quote]

& sounds better-well punchier, lower, higher, more clarity. Is easier to move & 1/2 the weight!!! THAT makes me feel HEAPS BETTER!!!! :)

Ah, just found my original thread - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4664&hl=bergantino"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;hl=bergantino[/url]

It appears I'd over-egged it. It was only £871 :)

The size/weight in comparison to the Ampeg is worth the extra cash nevermind the alleged sound improvement (I've never compared them so don't want to make the claim personally!).

I haven't A/B'd 'em but played an SVT810 one weekend & NV610 the next- both with my Fender 300PRO- & difference was quite astounding. As I say- Deeper, punchier, more clarity...... ONLY drawback-if it IS indeed one- was the 810 is a little taller & thus the sound is closer to yr ears! -Helps if U R on tight stages often (as I am) & U have 2 stand next 2 yr rig. Ioften find myself having to dip my head/bend over a little to get a "full" representation of MY sound-with the NV610. But I'm ALWAYS pleased with what I hear- so I'm V.happy!

OK, mine got the full work-out last night. Stupid, like really stupid volumes from a monster drummer and marshall 150w valvestate head and 4x12 in an office with no soft furnishing measuring about 9'x18'. The only limit to my volume was the amp (Ampeg V4) but the levels were so stupid I wouldn't like to use this criticism.

Compared to the old Marshall 412, the Berg was extremely punchy with a good deal more clarity. It's a very 'even' (I did not say flat!!) sounding cab across the frequency range until the highs - if you like having the hi-fi touch of a tweeter then you might feel that this is lacking.