Why become a member? ×

AMAZING SQUAREPUSHER SOLO BASS GIG! Plus Anthony Jackson at Ronnies, Living Colour at jazz cafe...

urb

[quote name='bassjamm' post='7429' date='May 27 2007, 12:54 AM']Yeah i was gutted that i didn't make the Tony Grey gig, i only found out the day after the last night at Ronnie's...gargh!!! I've only recently started to get into his playing really, got his album yesterday, and got John McLaughlin's Industrial Zen (thanks for the tip off on that, got Hadrien's too...not bad, some quirky stuff).

Sounds like the day wasn't that wicked then, shame...i need to get more gigs in Nott's, i live 25 mins from it and haven't ever gigged there, would be cool to see if there's a jazz scene, not sure.

Are we going to get a Tony Grey interview in the next bass mag then? Should be wicked man!!! Really enjoyed your Bona one in the current issue, quite insightful really, i bought a load of his albums this month, can't say that i dig them that much, but it's interesting to listen to and see what he's about...i guess it mainly streches back to his culture, so from the point of view, it's inspirational, and his voice is amazing!

Did you get a chance to interview Janek while he was over here?[/quote]

I have a ticket for Tonys gig with Hiromi, and David Fiukzynski at the Brecon jazz festival this weekend if anyone's interested, I can't make it unfortunately.

[quote name='The Icenian' post='41901' date='Aug 6 2007, 12:11 PM']:)

Tom sorted out two VIP tickets for myself and Wes. We had, what I considered the two best seats in the house (thanks for that Tom). Three days before the gig, Tom brought his Zoot in for a set up and we also installed a neat little gizmo into the bass called a "Redeamer Install". The gig was fantastic and the Zoot bass sounded amazing as well. Wes & I also enjoyed the after gig party with Tom.[/quote]

Sounds good, Mike!

Tell us more about this mysterious "Redeamer Install" !!

Mike

[quote name='Mike' post='42299' date='Aug 7 2007, 08:30 AM']Sounds good, Mike!

Tell us more about this mysterious "Redeamer Install" !!
Mike[/quote]

Hi Mike,

The "Redeamer Install" is a small device that runs from a 9 volt PP3 battery in your bass. The Redeamer basically tricks you guitar lead into thinking its only 2 inches long. Thus, abosolute no treble loss and an extreamly pure signal from bass to head/desk etc. You can check out the full story at www.creationaudiolabs.com

[quote name='steve-soar' post='43938' date='Aug 10 2007, 07:02 PM']LETS TRY TO GET TOM FOR BASS DAY. ONE OF THE BEST, LEAST KNOW BASSISTS IN THE UK.[/quote]

:) I spoke to Tom about doing some demo work for me on the zoots. He was quite happy to do this at my place if we had a bass day there. (he only lives about 15 min's from the Bassmerchant shop). I will ask him if he would do any other days. problem is, I know Tom hates to travel unless it's absolutly necessary. I can only ask the question and see what he says.

[quote name='kjb' post='42134' date='Aug 6 2007, 07:28 PM']I have a ticket for Tonys gig with Hiromi, and David Fiukzynski at the Brecon jazz festival this weekend if anyone's interested, I can't make it unfortunately.[/quote]

Oh! When is that?
I'm up there this weekend - my performer's ticket may get me in