#1 WalMan

Bass whooer for hire :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

Messing about with my new Stealth pedal tonight hence

Attached File  monthly_09_2009/post-1033-1254091686.ipb   2.2MB

A sort of riffy thing using a couple of the patches from Metal and some John Tempesta loops from Drumcore 3
A fool proof plan & an airtight alibi

Current Gear
Basses: G&L + Wal - Effects & Stuff: EBS & Boss - Amps: Genz Benz & Aguilar + Barefaced - Synth bits: DSI MoPho, Laptop & soft synths & McMillen 12Step
For Sale: BOSS CE20

Useless at: Responding to PM's about bass mags available for giveaway

WalMan's BC Feedback

#2 deathpanda

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:...music

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

how did you get such a full sound? just good tone and double tracking? ..awesome riffage!

#3 WalMan

Bass whooer for hire :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

View Postdeathpanda, on Jan 1 2010, 11:15 AM, said:

how did you get such a full sound? just good tone and double tracking? ..awesome riffage!
Its a filthy patch in Amplitube Metal called (I kid you not!!) Smiling Harry Syphilis :)

The main riff is just one track and the whole thing 3, kit loops, riff and the wah guitar part.

If I remember right I was mucking about with the Stealth Pedal and Amplitube Metal and just noodled to a beat. The hardest part was having to go back & work out what I had played to do the wah guitar part

Edited by WalMan, 10 January 2010 - 11:36 PM.

A fool proof plan & an airtight alibi

Current Gear
Basses: G&L + Wal - Effects & Stuff: EBS & Boss - Amps: Genz Benz & Aguilar + Barefaced - Synth bits: DSI MoPho, Laptop & soft synths & McMillen 12Step
For Sale: BOSS CE20

Useless at: Responding to PM's about bass mags available for giveaway

WalMan's BC Feedback

#4 deathpanda

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:...music

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

View PostWalMan, on Jan 10 2010, 11:09 PM, said:

Its a filthy patch in Amplitube Metal called (I kid you not!!) Smiling Harry Syphilis :)

The main riff is just one track and the whole thing 3, kit loops, riff and the wah guitar part.

If I remember right I was mucking about with the Stealth Pedal and Amplitube Metal and just noodled to a beat. The hardest part was having to go back & work out what I had played to do the wah guitar part

Ah, awesome man! Would you mind sending me the Amplitube preset? I have been using it for all my recordings, and whilst it's the best amp modeling sim I've tried, I still can't get a tone I'm absolutely satisfied with.

*Edit

Oh, silly me, it's already on there. You're right, it's filthy!

Edited by deathpanda, 17 January 2010 - 12:04 PM.

#5 EdwardHimself

Hyper elite loser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Interests:Music (obvs).

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:55 PM

View Postdeathpanda, on Jan 17 2010, 12:59 PM, said:

Ah, awesome man! Would you mind sending me the Amplitube preset? I have been using it for all my recordings, and whilst it's the best amp modeling sim I've tried, I still can't get a tone I'm absolutely satisfied with.

*Edit

Oh, silly me, it's already on there. You're right, it's filthy!

I find it takes quite a bit of tweaking to get just what you want with these amp modelling programs but the results can sound quite awesome:

http://eddiehimself.bandcamp.com/track/control

(shameless self-promotion!) This was using GR4 btw, small amount of PostPro eq work as well.

Edited by EdwardHimself, 12 October 2010 - 02:46 PM.

EH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users