Why become a member? ×

Slow/fast riffy thing

WalMan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='deathpanda' post='697780' date='Jan 1 2010, 11:15 AM']how did you get such a full sound? just good tone and double tracking? ..awesome riffage![/quote]
Its a filthy patch in Amplitube Metal called (I kid you not!!) Smiling Harry Syphilis :)

The main riff is just one track and the whole thing 3, kit loops, riff and the wah guitar part.

If I remember right I was mucking about with the Stealth Pedal and Amplitube Metal and just noodled to a beat. The hardest part was having to go back & work out what I had played to do the wah guitar part

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' post='708347' date='Jan 10 2010, 11:09 PM']Its a filthy patch in Amplitube Metal called (I kid you not!!) Smiling Harry Syphilis :)

The main riff is just one track and the whole thing 3, kit loops, riff and the wah guitar part.

If I remember right I was mucking about with the Stealth Pedal and Amplitube Metal and just noodled to a beat. The hardest part was having to go back & work out what I had played to do the wah guitar part[/quote]

Ah, awesome man! Would you mind sending me the Amplitube preset? I have been using it for all my recordings, and whilst it's the best amp modeling sim I've tried, I still can't get a tone I'm absolutely satisfied with.

*Edit

Oh, silly me, it's already on there. You're right, it's filthy!

Edited by deathpanda

• 8 months later...

[quote name='deathpanda' post='715565' date='Jan 17 2010, 12:59 PM']Ah, awesome man! Would you mind sending me the Amplitube preset? I have been using it for all my recordings, and whilst it's the best amp modeling sim I've tried, I still can't get a tone I'm absolutely satisfied with.

*Edit

Oh, silly me, it's already on there. You're right, it's filthy![/quote]

I find it takes quite a bit of tweaking to get just what you want with these amp modelling programs but the results can sound quite awesome:

[url="http://soundcloud.com/eddiehimself"]http://eddiehimself.bandcamp.com/track/control[/url]

(shameless self-promotion!) This was using GR4 btw, small amount of PostPro eq work as well.

Edited by EdwardHimself