Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard is now gone

So in the quest to downsize my (I think) epic pedalboard to something more managable, I'm selling pretty much all my pedals. And I'm slowly getting there thanks partly to you lovely lot. I only have a few things left now.

So here's a shot of the pedalboard, followed by a list of what is remaining to be sold from it:

[b]ALL PEDALS SOLD![/b]

So now I've done the hard work, all I have left is...

[b]George L's jack plugs[/b] - ALL SOLD

For anyone buying jacks, tell me in the PM if you need a bit of cable and I'll see if I have any suitable lengths left. I mostly have scraps left from old cables I've made up, so doubt I could do any really long pieces, but I can always look..

I'm happy to make some cables up if you don't trust yourself to do it. Let me know some lengths and I'll see what I can do.

[b]Bank transfer is preferred[/b]. I really don't want to use Paypal if I can avoid it.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Finbar

[quote name='MB1' post='617475' date='Oct 5 2009, 02:39 PM']MB1. :rolleyes:
Hey Steve!
what you up to with all these George Ls......,.Eating em? :lol:[/quote]

Hi Martin, I dunno, I've only got a pedaltrain mini, but I never seem to have enough patch leads, unless my guitarist is nicking them....

or eating them ...:)

hiya man, can u elaborate on the hold function of the dd3? i'm looking for a pedal that, when pressed, will record what i play either for a preset time (and needs to go for very short times, 200ms) or until when i release the pedal, then replay this small loop. does that make sense? it sounds like what i would expect a 'hold' function to do!

[quote name='ase_one23' post='617741' date='Oct 5 2009, 06:10 PM']hiya man, can u elaborate on the hold function of the dd3? i'm looking for a pedal that, when pressed, will record what i play either for a preset time (and needs to go for very short times, 200ms) or until when i release the pedal, then replay this small loop. does that make sense? it sounds like what i would expect a 'hold' function to do![/quote]
When set to the hold function, the pedal will repeat what you've just played until you take your foot off again. Of course, if you put your foot on again VERY quickly and keep doing this, you can make quite a cool stuttering noise. I'm not sure of the exact delay time (I can't find it online - but the pedal itself does between 12.5ms and 800ms allegedly - it isn't clear which settings that applies to), but once it has the sample, you can turn the delay time knob to increase or decrease the delay time and consequently the speed and pitch of the sample if you want. All I know is it isn't really a long enough delay time to record anything particularly musical. It really is a stuttering kind of effect. If you watch [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2NYXhepjE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2NYXhepjE[/url] from 5:55 onwards, that is the hold function on the longest delay time. When the pedal is released, the 'held' motif is erased from the pedal's memory.

EDIT: I can't believe I actually just wrote fut instead of foot -_-

Edited by Finbar

I have a DD-3 and can help.

The pedal will hold and repeatedly play what you put into it as long as the pedal is pressed down. The time for the hold is very short though, about half a second max and it will stop when you release the pedal. When the held sound is playing, you can mess around with the delay time knob and get some some nice osciallation effects. Hope that helps!

Edit: never mind, Chris beat me to it.

Edited by GarethFlatlands

[quote name='Finbar' post='617783' date='Oct 5 2009, 06:38 PM']When set to the hold function, the pedal will repeat what you've just played until you take your foot off again. Of course, if you put your foot on again VERY quickly and keep doing this, you can make quite a cool stuttering noise. I'm not sure of the exact delay time (I can't find it online - but the pedal itself does between 12.5ms and 800ms allegedly - it isn't clear which settings that applies to), but once it has the sample, you can turn the delay time knob to increase or decrease the delay time and consequently the speed and pitch of the sample if you want. All I know is it isn't really a long enough delay time to record anything particularly musical. It really is a stuttering kind of effect. If you watch [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2NYXhepjE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2NYXhepjE[/url] from 5:55 onwards, that is the hold function on the longest delay time. When the pedal is released, the 'held' motif is erased from the pedal's memory.

EDIT: I can't believe I actually just wrote fut instead of foot -_-[/quote]

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='617784' date='Oct 5 2009, 06:39 PM']I have a DD-3 and can help.

The pedal will hold and repeatedly play what you put into it as long as the pedal is pressed down. The time for the hold is very short though, about half a second max and it will stop when you release the pedal. When the held sound is playing, you can mess around with the delay time knob and get some some nice osciallation effects. Hope that helps!

Edit: never mind, Chris beat me to it.[/quote]

thanks for the info!!!! hmmm, sounds like it would be useful - i'll check the old finances and get back tomorrow!

[quote name='TheButler' post='617121' date='Oct 5 2009, 09:20 AM']If it is as above i'll take it - the volume pedal that is.[/quote]
Nearly missed this one!

Someone I know 'dibbed' this yesterday. If it falls through, I'll be right in touch :)

[quote name='Finbar' post='618071' date='Oct 5 2009, 10:48 PM']Couldn't tell you off the top of my head. As far as I know, the actual internal circuit did not change between Japanese and Taiwanese construction though.

I'd have to check how much postage would be for you, but I can find out :)[/quote]

+1 no difference what so ever, quickest way to check to see if it takes the ACA power supply as that's an older one most likely japanese

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='618072' date='Oct 5 2009, 10:49 PM']+1 no difference what so ever, quickest way to check to see if it takes the ACA power supply as that's an older one most likely japanese[/quote]
Aye, I've got a couple of things to check when I go down to our practice room to collect things people have bought, and this is one of them. Although it really makes no difference, and they all sell for the same price.