Why become a member? ×

South East Bash

Merton

[quote name='NickThomas' post='11404' date='Jun 3 2007, 02:17 PM']If I could think of somewhere suitable near me, I'd be more than happy to take the reins and get this this underway. Alas I cant but I really think someone has to take this under there wing much as Arrowhead Paul has done in the past.
I'd just like to see this thing happen.

Nick.[/quote]

I am still persuing a couple of suitable venues. It will take a little longer. I really don't see the urgency, impatience and panic, just as long as it happens.

[quote name='obbm' post='11412' date='Jun 3 2007, 02:37 PM']I am still persuing a couple of suitable venues. It will take a little longer. I really don't see the urgency, impatience and panic, just as long as it happens.[/quote]

No urgency as far as I'm concerned .. and certainly not panicking lol

[quote name='NickThomas' post='11417' date='Jun 3 2007, 02:44 PM']No urgency as far as I'm concerned .. and certainly not panicking lol[/quote]

Didn't mean you specifically Nick, but some seem to be.

Am definitely interested in a 'southern' bash. Anywhere in or around london, or in Bucks! I'd say Essex is fine as well because it gives an excuse to see my parents, but again, am so busy that it might not be so practical!

Cool

Si

[quote name='dr.funk' post='14541' date='Jun 9 2007, 10:43 AM']I have to say from a cheap point of view and close proximity backline in guildford seems a good option. I will try and remember to pop in and ask if I am in guildford today :)[/quote]

If you do Chris please ask them why they don't reply to emails. I've written to them twice outlining what we want to do and had zero response. That does not fill me with confidence.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='16808' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:35 PM']Hi Mods - any chance of getting this pinned so we dont have to keep bumping it?[/quote]

Yeh, seems a bit discrminatory against us southern folk to me :)

Just to add my tuppence worth, if we draw a line from the [horse and cart]hest point south to where we have the usual bash in Northants, can I suggest that the venue should not be north of half way along that line (don't even try to work it out if you been drinking or medicating)? I can't see the point in having a southern bash in Essex or Bucks as thy're both pretty close to where the other bashes have been?
Anyway, I'm gonna go to the midland bash as they seem to have their [Top Ten hit] together :huh:
C

Today I visited backline Rehearsal Rooms at Guildford Station to have a look and discuss. It's a bit tacky but I'm sure that our bass gear will brighten it up. Thier live room should more than adequate. It's about 7m x 5m plus a good size stage.

On a Saturday they rent out in 4-hour slots so we could have 10:00 -18:00. I'm prepared to underwrite the cost but we need a minimum of 10 attendees.

Possible dates are:

Saturday 11th August

Saturday 18th August

[i]Please state your preferred date and your committment to come.[/i]

You know you want it to happen.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='Mobius' post='20481' date='Jun 19 2007, 11:12 PM']Both are fine to me...I hope something doesn't come up and get in the way like the last 2 times, it would be great to actually come to a bash![/quote]

+1 on that! Both dates work for me, though the 18th is better..Would be great to go to so let's try and get a decision soon.

Thanks Dave for checking the studio out by the way.

Nik

It's starting to look like the 18th but what happened to all those who were so keen for this to happen?

Looking at the current numbers it is either not financially viable or we just do it beween 14:00 and 18:00.

If the dates don't appeal then we could move it to October, November, December or later, or just forget about it.

Hi Dave,

I say we go for the 18th of August, 10am-6pm, and if it's successful, then we could always run another one early next year for those who can't make it.
So, by my reckoning, here's a list of those who say they can do the 18th:

OBBM
Silverfoxnik
Sibob
Nick Thomas
G-77
Mickey D
Mobius
misrule
Bloodaxe

That's 9 already and The Beedster is up for this as well (aren't you Chris), so that'll be the 10! :)

But let's see if we can get 15 or 20 and really make a day of it?

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='obbm' post='21036' date='Jun 20 2007, 09:08 PM']It's starting to look like the 18th but what happened to all those who were so keen for this to happen?

Looking at the current numbers it is either not financially viable or we just do it beween 14:00 and 18:00.

If the dates don't appeal then we could move it to October, November, December or later, or just forget about it.[/quote]

[quote name='obbm' post='21036' date='Jun 20 2007, 09:08 PM']It's starting to look like the 18th but what happened to all those who were so keen for this to happen?

If the dates don't appeal then we could move it to October, November, December or later, or just forget about it.[/quote]
Count me out then.