Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash Photo Thread!!!

xilddx

Absolutely wickid day! Wonderful meeting so many cool people. There was some seriously high end kit there as well as HappyJack's £75 Kay, which was the surprise of the day for me, a great bass! Silverfoxnik, Merton, Hamster, Mrs Hamster (she's totally lovely :)), Ped, Happy Jack, thanks so much for sorting it. Brilliantly organised! The talks and demos from Jakesbass, Alex Claber (sorry I didn't catch all of it mate), Ped and Bassace were REALLY interesting and useful. Thanks to Paul and Oli on the drums, thanks for the jam! I've come over all cuddly :rolleyes:

Cheers all !!

A few pics quickly uploaded ..

Edited by ped

Hi everyone,

What an awesome day Ihad today - really nice to put a few more faces to screen names and I got to play lots of basses through lots of amplifiers and listen to some super talented people talking about what they do best.

Massive thanks to all involved, for setting it up, for coming along, and for making it such a great day.

Here are some pics taken on my camera. I didn't take many as I was so busy chatting to people and listening to the seminars!

Add your pics here!

Cheers
ped

[quote name='silddx' post='622750' date='Oct 10 2009, 10:25 PM']Clarky, you look like a total pro in that pic![/quote]
I'm an accomplished faker :)

PS, I did have DB lessons about 10 years ago so I wasn't a total novice, although my intonation today was that of one ....

PPS, Bassace's Upton DB was a seriously nice instrument - WAAAAY nicer than the one I had lessons on (and which is a dust covered, unused ornament in my sitting room!)

Edited by Clarky

Looks cool guys - just got back from my gig - sadly I really couldn't have made it as we had to sound check around 3pm, all went smoothly so at least I got some bassin' in - my Sei single cut (as ever) was a joy to play live... though if Ped ever wants to sell his Vigier... well obviously that's just silly :)

PS - lovely B&W pics too chaps - very arty!

M

Cheers - bit annoyed myself because lots of them are out of focus - I didn't put enough attention into taking the pics, I was too busy checking out stuff and planning my Vbass demo thing (left it to literally the last min of course!!)

Cheers
ped

P.s anyone else have pics??

[quote name='ped' post='623426' date='Oct 11 2009, 08:20 PM']Cheers - bit annoyed myself because lots of them are out of focus - I didn't put enough attention into taking the pics, I was too busy checking out stuff and planning my Vbass demo thing (left it to literally the last min of course!!)[/quote]

They really are good pics - what camera / lens were you using? I want one!

JJ

Cheers - some are out of focus and others oversharpened due to an export fail in Lightroom... you can see better ones on my Flickr page. The camera is a compact, believe it or not. A Ricoh CX1. I love it, take it everywhere. More often than not I shoot in B/W with the ISO at 400 and a limit on the slow shutter speed so it takes great 'action' shots. Great camera!

Cheers
ped