Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash Photo Thread!!!

xilddx

[quote name='eshears' post='623590' date='Oct 11 2009, 10:59 PM']This may be the nicest pic I have of all my gear! Thanks ped...[/quote]

That is a fabulous shot!

Here's some I took on the day...

[attachment=34331:Alex_in_full_flow.jpg]
Alex Claber

[attachment=34332:And_the_winner_is.jpg]
Pete Young and his new, boxed Hartke A100s Combo!

[attachment=34333:Bassace_Workshop_1.jpg]
Bassace Roger's Double Bass Workshop

[attachment=34334:Boos_Sx_Jazz.jpg]
Boo's gorgeous Sx short-scale Jazz!

[attachment=34335:Clarky_on_DB.jpg]
Clarky on DB!

[attachment=34336:Cool_rig.jpg]
I think this is Essential Tension's rig? Looks fab whoever it belongs too!

[attachment=34337:Hamster.jpg]
Hamster

[attachment=34338:Hamsters_gear.jpg]
Some of Hamster's gear

And some more...

[attachment=34339:JHK_corner.jpg]
Jhk, Stingray5 and Bottle (I think).. very chilled out!

[attachment=34340:Johnnyla..._Spector.jpg]
Mr Lager & Spector..

[attachment=34341:MacDaddy_on_DB.jpg]
MacDaddy on DB

[attachment=34342:Mertons_Rig.jpg]
Merton's Rig

[attachment=34343:Netballm..._strings.jpg]
Andy (netballman) with his Hartke strings!

[attachment=34344:Oli_on_drums.jpg]
Oli on the drums in The Jamming Room

[attachment=34345:Pair_of_Pedulla.jpg]
Shockwave's 'Pride of Pedulla' (or is it Pedulli?)

[attachment=34346:Ped_and_co.jpg]
Ped, Simon and MSL (who has a lovely RBV which I didn't get a photo of unfortunately)

Last ones...

[attachment=34347:Peds_Workshop_1.jpg]
A spellbound audience, transfixed by ped's Workshop..or were they transfixed by how amazing the V-Bass is!

[attachment=34348:Peds_Workshop_2.jpg]
This gives a good indication of the size of the Theatre...

[attachment=34349:Plux.jpg]
Plux

[attachment=34350:Raffle_Table.jpg]
The Raffle Table at the beginning of the day

[attachment=34351:SFNs_gear.jpg]
My Eden combo and basses (what an untidy mess!!).. And a lovely Gibson as well.

[attachment=34352:Siddx___...ing_Room.jpg]
Silddx & Oli in The jamming Room..

[attachment=34353:Siddx___...Fretless.jpg]
Silddx and his Warwick fretless looking very retro I thought..

By the way, I do have some of Jakesbass doing his workshop but they're on a different camera so I'll try and upload those tomorrow.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='623614' date='Oct 11 2009, 11:34 PM']I think this is Essential Tension's rig? Looks fab whoever it belongs too![/quote]
Correct and thanks.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='623614' date='Oct 11 2009, 11:34 PM']Some of Hamster's gear[/quote]
Hmmm ... that sonic blue P is one I meant to have a go on but never did. Maybe next time.

[quote name='TheBlueFalcon' post='623622' date='Oct 11 2009, 11:47 PM']

That's just begging for a best caption thread!! :)[/quote]

"It was all working this morning....."

Gutted I couldn't make it, really enjoyed the last one. Hope everyone had a good day!

Edited by Gamble

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='623614' date='Oct 11 2009, 11:34 PM'][attachment=34338:Hamsters_gear.jpg]
Some of Hamster's gear[/quote]

Best shot of Mine and Plux's gear (right hand two rigs) from the whole day - all my photos came out blurry I think, if I do find anything worth posting I'll put it up though!

Si

[quote name='mikek' post='623679' date='Oct 12 2009, 03:16 AM']Do my eagle eyes spot a Bareaced Midget on top of a Compact in the right of the top photo? Does anyone have any more pics of these?[/quote]

Yup, and yup, but they will probably be rather blurry (dont know what was up with the camera/operator :))

I'll try and sort it out this evening...

[quote name='Gamble' post='623760' date='Oct 12 2009, 09:34 AM']"It was all working this morning....."

Gutted I couldn't make it, really enjoyed the last one. Hope everyone had a good day![/quote]

Haha. Yeah Oli did a great job of cooking up some beats at the last minute. We hadn't met until about 5 mins beforehand so it was a great experience 'jamming' for the first time during my workshop thing.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='mikek' post='624647' date='Oct 13 2009, 01:12 AM']Thanks for the photos 51m0n. Blurry or not it's the first time I've seen a finished Midget![/quote]

It sounds great too, really pokey for a silly small box that weighs like a packet of cornflakes!

Alex ran both in a stack and I reckon that would cover most small to medium gigs. They dont have the HUGE low end thud of the vintage or 2xCompacts, but I wouldnt have expected that. They do have enough low end (hey I'm a believer that too much low end on the gig is a recipe for disaster) and plenty plenty punch though!

The ones with the concentric tweeter should be sreally really really good though (IMO)!

I also think Alex has got the aesthetics spot on now, with the metal corners, very pro badgery, and the Vintage stylee cloth, they all look superb!

[quote name='51m0n' post='624564' date='Oct 12 2009, 11:18 PM']Blurry Barefaced cabs:-
[/quote]

How ridiculous does that neck look?! Thankfully it doesn't feel anywhere near that long...

Two Midgets will go as loud as a boutique neo 4x10" though they'll need a bit more power to bring an equal weight to the lows. I'll let you know when the first coax tweeter one is ready for you to have a play!

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='624808' date='Oct 13 2009, 11:15 AM']How ridiculous does that neck look?! Thankfully it doesn't feel anywhere near that long...[/quote]

You're right, thats absurd, I cant think you want to be seen to be that daft. Obviously the best course of action is to give me the bass and you take up banjo, after all you wont have room for such a positively obscene neck in your house for much longer, once the midgets start to breed....

[quote name='alexclaber' post='624808' date='Oct 13 2009, 11:15 AM'][b]Two Midgets will go as loud as a boutique neo 4x10"[/b] though they'll need a bit more power to bring an equal weight to the lows. I'll let you know when the first coax tweeter one is ready for you to have a play!

Alex[/quote]

Hey I see a "bass-off" in the very near future there matey...

I know just the competition :)

Am very interested in the coax one of these to be honest (so is Plux, but to be honest I think he wants the entire range), if only as the perfect cab for rehearsal spaces and very small gig(lettes?).

Has anyone got any feedback on trying out the Barefaced Compact + Midget stack at the Bash? I've got a Compact already but I'm still undecided about whether to buy another Compact or a Midget. An 8 ohm load isn't enough for my LMII but I love the Compact sound on its own. Will the Midget add much more middle bite to the sound? Also, Alex, can a vintage-type cloth grill be fitted to the Midget or isn't there enough depth for the grill frame?

[quote name='pete.young' post='625553' date='Oct 13 2009, 10:24 PM']

Thanks once again to Merton for the use of his Vintage. I think the black cloth might be a better match. Tough decision![/quote]
No prob! It sounded huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, didn't it! Go on, Vintage with black cloth is on your shopping list now, go on, go on... :)