Why become a member? ×

NORTH EAST BASS BASH - NOVEMBER 2009 - PICS & VIDEO ADDED!

wateroftyne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks!

Anyone coming up from Bradford way-ish who could fit a Barefaced Compact in the boot?

Also... I've just received a box from the lovely, generous folks at Hartke UK - fifteen sets of strings in various gauges and a Bass Attack pedal!

We'll probably have some sort of raffle to help with the room hire fee...

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='656356' date='Nov 16 2009, 08:26 PM']I can pick up from Bradford on my way to Bass Day, then take the Compact up to the Bash.[/quote]
Oh wow.. that would be fab and I'd be forever indebted!

I've left a message for him in the Compact on Tour thread. He's going to PM you if it's a go-er.

Cheers!

Also... I've just received a box from the lovely, generous folks at Hartke UK - fifteen sets of strings in various gauges and a Bass Attack pedal!

We'll probably have some sort of raffle to help with the room hire fee...
[/quote]

Get in! I could do with some strings so I'll have a few tickets. Looking forward to the day - Should be a great selection of gear to get to grips with..

Steve.

Sorry, haven't been on BC as much recently so this might be a bit late: nevertheless, I have a Barefaced Compact I could bring if people (2B Mild?) want to try it out.

Currently playing through a MAG300 head but anyone would be welcome to plug their own head in.

[quote name='Eight' post='657927' date='Nov 18 2009, 11:17 AM']Sorry, haven't been on BC as much recently so this might be a bit late: nevertheless, I have a Barefaced Compact I could bring if people (2B Mild?) want to try it out.[/quote]
Ohh.. could you bring it?

There might be one there already, but I'd love to try two.. :)

Regarding gear at the Bash...

Courtesy of Hans Peter Wilfer (Warwick owner... as in the company, not just owner of one of their basses) and Florin the Moderator over on the Warwick forum; there'll be an opportunity for anyone interested in trying out a Warwick Hellborg Preamp, to do so! :rolleyes:

If WoT would be kind enough to take it along on the day (S*ds Law, I now have a gig that afternoon), it'll be available for those attending to try out through your existing rig or if you have no gear with you then smiley nicely and see if you can blag someone else's, with your own bass without the confines and restrictions of a traditional retail outlet. You can hook it up to your monster rig or your practice combo it's up to you; if you are unsure how to do this I'm certain WoT or one of the many knowledgeable, helpful soles there will give you a hand.

All I ask is that you 1) take care of it and 2) write a brief note about what you thought of the preamp. I'll supply a book or some paper format to fill in, nothing complicated or onerous and I'll not mark you down for spelling or neatness. I'll collate all of the comments and feed them back to Warwick (market research if you like).

Enjoy your day... :) skulks off mumbling about bliddy Sunday afternoon gigs! :lol:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='661275' date='Nov 21 2009, 07:24 PM']Courtesy of Hans Peter Wilfer (Warwick owner... as in the company, not just owner of one of their basses) and Florin the Moderator over on the Warwick forum; there'll be an opportunity for anyone interested in trying out a Warwick Hellborg Preamp, to do so! :)[/quote]
Coooooooool. You're a star for sorting that out mate.

Aye,

Cheers warwickhunt for that. The Hellborg head is something we mere mortals wouldn't normally get a chance to try out. The list price is somewhat restrictive..Non of the shops up in the North East have it in stock (That I've seen)

Let's hope the gig you've got on Sunday gets cancelled or something - It's a real shame you can't make it.

SteveC

[quote name='Eight' post='661831' date='Nov 22 2009, 03:04 PM']Coooooooool. You're a star for sorting that out mate.[/quote]

[quote name='StevieC' post='662354' date='Nov 23 2009, 07:04 AM']Aye,

Cheers warwickhunt for that. The Hellborg head is something we mere mortals wouldn't normally get a chance to try out. The list price is somewhat restrictive..Non of the shops up in the North East have it in stock (That I've seen)

Let's hope the gig you've got on Sunday gets cancelled or something - It's a real shame you can't make it.

SteveC[/quote]

No worries. WoT has kindly agreed to bring the Hellborg along... and bring it back I hasten to add! :rolleyes:

Feel free to give it a go and even though it isn't a studio or true 'live' situation, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

If it keeps raining the way it has been the gig may well get cancelled as Morpeth was that fated Market town that suffered from the flood devastation last year. :)

Still coming down (provided I can get past Morpeth) and I'm looking forward to trying out the Hellborg. TM stevens went through a full hellborg rig at last years Bss Day and he sounded amazing.

I'll be bringing the latest incarnation of my rig so folks will get the chance to try out an SVP-pro preamp and a Fender TBP reamp if they want.

I'm travelling over from Warrington on Sunday for a Monday meeting, and I have only just realised that I can get to this. So -

Does anyone need a lift from the Warrington area (one way)?

Does anyone want to audition a BFM Omni 12?
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7VJH27HgSw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7VJH27HgSw[/url] shows my Omni 12 lowboy on a dolly with a 24 inch wide sleeved amp on top, next to an Omni 15 tall boy. [url="http://www.dustyend.com/finnbass/Omni12Low.mov"]http://www.dustyend.com/finnbass/Omni12Low.mov[/url] has a higher quality and much bigger video clip.

I'm not playing at the moment due to a hand injury, and my basses are fairly pedestrian Yamahas, so I won't be bringing them, but I also have a 5-string EUB (Ned Steinberger CR5M) which I can bring if anyone wants to have a go.

David

Edited by Mottlefeeder