Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision American Deluxe

angelboy

Well as I have a 40th Anni Custom shop model (which is essentially a nicer version of the std Am. Deluxe with whistles and bells) I can say that its a lovely guitar. Sounds are bit 'inya face' with the Lace sensors and pre amp (especially thru a valve amp) but it growls like a Lioness with PMS and will pick up all the high end stuff if you want it.

Form a P-bass point of view it has a truly wonderful neck which is why I still have it. However....
I'm pretty sure with a P- Am Deluxe and a Pup change you could kick its £1300 ass out of any gig, with a big grin on yer face.....

:)

[quote name='angelboy' post='67711' date='Sep 30 2007, 04:15 PM']What do you guys think to these basses?

I don't have a frame of reference with Presisions at all but they always put me off with the pickup sounds and positions. At least with the Deluxes they have a bridge pickup.

Used to Jazz Deluxes see.[/quote]

If you don't like Precision sounds and PUP positions, don't buy one, even a Deluxe. It's still a Precision.
Given that there are a thoudand or more models of basses out there to choose from, it seems foolish to consider a slightly different version of a bass you know that you don't like. Start with a model you DO like and get the Deluxe version of that.
Chris
PS I had a USA Precision Deluxe for about a week and hated it. Small body, dodgy pre-amp and poor natural tone. I might simply have had a bad-un, but either way it wasn't a patch on any of my non-deluxe Precisions

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='68759' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:23 PM']If you don't like Precision sounds and PUP positions, don't buy one, even a Deluxe. It's still a Precision.
Given that there are a thoudand or more models of basses out there to choose from, it seems foolish to consider a slightly different version of a bass you know that you don't like. Start with a model you DO like and get the Deluxe version of that.
Chris
PS I had a USA Precision Deluxe for about a week and hated it. Small body, dodgy pre-amp and poor natural tone. I might simply have had a bad-un, but either way it wasn't a patch on any of my non-deluxe Precisions[/quote]

Point taken. I just get excited with US prices and a need to fritter away the kids inheritance!!!!