Why become a member? ×

Nearly new Musicman Stingray 5- GONE!!

Old Horse Murphy

I've got a spotless Musicman Stingray 5 in tobacco burst (still have the cellophane on the original pickguard and barcode labels on the back on the body). It's still in warranty. I've fitted a WD Music black pickguard to it but it comes with the original white pearloid pickguard too, as well as original EBMM case. I've also got a black pickup cover if anyone is brave enough to swap them over. :)

This really is immaculate and virtually unplayed. The best price I've found for these in the UK is £1,125 new, so I wondered if there was any interest on Basschat.

I've got a couple of SR4's, so the sound I get from my 5 is very similar. Ideally I'm looking for a Bongo 5, but would be interested to hear in any other 5 stringers out there for a possible trade (with cash adjustment if necessary either way).

Realsitically, I'd be looking for £875 for this (inc P&P). This really is "as new" so is over £250 off the shop price.

Any questions, please let me know.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='68512' date='Oct 2 2007, 08:39 AM']Old Horse,
If you ever feel tempted to sell your 4 string Teal Stingray, please let me know as I'd be interested in finding it a new home.

Cheers,
Mike[/quote]

I'll bear it in mind Mike.

I'm currently waiting for my other Stingray to come back from the workshop (I'm having it refinished). If I get on with that one as well as I do the Teal, I'll probably move one of them along.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='69120' date='Oct 3 2007, 04:21 PM']As a matter of interest OHM, what don't you like about the 'Ray5?[/quote]

Hi Homey (always wanted to say that!!)

I like it loads, but the majority of stuff I play is on 4 strings, so I use by SR4's. When I do use the 5 stringer, I really want it to sound different to the 4 string. Does that make sense?

Probably not. I guess I just want there to be a discernible difference in the character. As they're both Stingrays, I don't feel I get that.

I've had a few really interesting swaps offered so far, but nothing that has really grabbed me yet.

Ideally, I'm looking for another 5 stringer, but I'd also be interested in any US reissue Fenders as well (with cash adjustment if necessary).

Thanks very much for your interest so far.... :)

Once again, thanks for the interest.Nothing has grabbed me so for to make me want to trade.

Here's what I would be interested in (other than cash!!):

- Lakland 5 string (either DJ or JO)
- Decent old US Fender Precision
- US Reissue Fender (particularly the 62 reissue Precision)
- Possibly a Warwick Streamer LX 5 string or a Status 5 string (S2 or similar)

The reason for looking to move my SR5 on, is that I'm looking for a very different sound to my SR4.

:)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:28 AM' post='75937']
SR5 is now gone in a trade.

Thanks for all the replies and offers

MB1. :)
OOOOOOOOOOH ......Very secretive!..... what did you trade it for then?

I think a good result, too.
I wasn't actually looking for a trade, but probably tasting something different could wake up my will to play the 5 strings too.

The DJ5 is ready to be shipped, btw. I will be at post office in the afternoon....hopefully within the closing time :huh: :)