Why become a member? ×

Status Shark 5 string - SOLD

Status

Well I've finally decided to go back to 4 strings and so up for grabs is my excellent Shark 5 string. As can be seen from the photo it is black with a black pickguard. It now has chrome knobs in place of the matt black ones in the photo. Alder body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard.

It has been upgraded with a Seymour Duncan STS-3M3 pre-amp and details about the pre-amp are given below. This gives access to a much greater range of tones than the original passive system offered.

Lovely action and in very good condition. I've just had a good look and could find minor signs that it has been played but no dents, scratches or chips.

If you are reasonably local you are welcome to come and try it out. More photos on request.

Comes with the original Status good quality gig bag.

I'm looking for (price reduced to) £350 which I reckon will be a good deal for someone.

It can be collected from London or Bedfordshire or I will ship it at the buyers cost. Will consider shipping Worldwide but the buyer must pay for insured and tracked shipping. This will be charged at cost.

[i]Pre-amp details:-

Seymour Duncan STC-3M3 active preamp for Ernie Ball/Music Man® bass guitars with 3 control knobs. For years the Basslines Custom Shop® has been installing preamps in Music Man® basses. Over time the design was perfected and is now available to everyone. The lows are deep, clear, and tight. The mids range from ultra smooth to punchy and all points in between. The treble control can produce a very wide and useable response that is brilliant but not brittle. Pulling up on the volume knob engages the Slap Switch®, a special EQ contour made for slap playing. All of this is available in a quiet on board package.[/i]

Edited by Status

Very underrated basses, these!

I'm surprised there's been no replies or takers for this.. perhaps it's because it's not such a well known Status model? I had one for about 5 years and liked it a lot. Only sold it to fund buying my Wal.

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='69307' date='Oct 3 2007, 11:58 PM']Very underrated basses, these!

I'm surprised there's been no replies or takers for this.. perhaps it's because it's not such a well known Status model? I had one for about 5 years and liked it a lot. Only sold it to fund buying my Wal.

Good luck with the sale![/quote]
+1 if it's even half as good as my Groove! Good luck :)