Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Bass in Pink!

Darcy

Brought it for my Daughter who's learning bass at school, She's currently using my Crafter Acoustic, but it's the wrong colour!!!!.

Saw this and thought hey £60.00 whats to lose. Not gonna be with us for a week or so. Anyone know anything about them??

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electro-Acoustic-Bass-Guitar-new-43in-Pink-Pink-Pink_W0QQitemZ200158355832QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electro-Acoustic-Bas...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

I see they're still selling them by total length rather than scale length, despite my message to them. Shows you the level of expertise we're dealing with here.

I always try to give the benefit of the doubt, but be prepared for it to be a poorly put together bit of firewood, sorry. Cheap acoustic bass guitars are not that good in my experience. At this price point, expect poor cosmetics, iffy electrics and bad intonation.

Edited by neepheid

I had a Les Paul style guitar from that seller.

Apart from the fact it took ages to come and the seller doesn't respond to messages:

Twas cheap and cheerful.

The electronics were actually pretty good, pickups were quite beefy, however, the neck was terrible, I've had to file all the frets down as it was buzz heaven, the action is crazy high as well due to poor construction. Nut's cheap plastic, and looks like hot wire treatment to melt it so the strings "fit" rather than a proper file job.

Body was plywood, the routing was terrible, and the neck doesn't actually fit the pocket properly (partially due to really bad routing, also down to the neck heel not being level)

And the paint is just gloss. No laquer, just gloss, horrid if it's on the back of the neck (which it is, I'd suggest sand paper straight away and oil it possibly).

I'd avoid to be honest, it'll put her off learning bass, it's that bad.

Yes, it's firewood in simple terms*.

*Could be a gem in every batch though, you never know.

I did have one of these basses - and was quite surprised at how good it was for the money. The one I had was a fretless, and because of a slight neck problem (a small an mount of curvature at the 2nd "fret" position made it buzz a bit when playing those notes) was auctioned on Ebay starting at 99p.

Construction was solid if not perfect, finish good (mine was natural, decent lacquered finish) and the electronics were actually very good for the money - it sounded lovely plugged in, with a good range of tonal variety. Considering it's a medium-scale bass with a not particularly big body, it was quite acceptable acoustically, too.

Quality control is always going to be hit or miss with these ultra-budget instruments, and the most likely thing to screw up a cheap bass is a poor fret job - which obviously wasn't an issue with mine. That said, even though I didn't pay anything like £60 for mine, I was impressed, it struck me as being worth the money, and I'd pick up another if I got the urge for an acoustic. I have actually been quite tempted by the pink ones! :)

Jon.

That colour plumbs hitherto unknown depths of wrongness. I thought [color="#FF00FF"]pink[/color] cars were bad enough (apart from FAB1 of course), but that colour has given me eyestrain just looking at the picture. :)

Well it arrived today. Initail impressions. Paintwork on the headstock is crap, the binding is a bit rough and again with pink paint spills, the last 3 black side dot marks have come out....But (apart from a little adjustment) it palys and sound very good for the price.

If my stomach can take the colour for too long I post some photo's (unless you pay me hard cash not to lol)