Billy Sheehan

Mickeyboro

25 Oct 2007
Devil’s Slingshot in London at the CC Club London
26 Oct 2007
Devil’s Slingshot in Leed’s at Rios Leeds
27 Oct 2007
Devil’s Slingshot live at JB’s in Dudley

I'm talking to Billy next week for a magazine article and wondered if anyone had any questions they'd like putting on their behalf...particularly gear-related stuff.

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='70009' date='Oct 5 2007, 02:44 PM']I'm talking to Billy next week for a magazine article and wondered if anyone had any questions they'd like putting on their behalf...particularly gear-related stuff.[/quote]

ask him why i can't get any decent level out of that SVP-BSP Preamp of his!!!!!

seriously though, ask him about the new, updated Yamaha Attitude bass - if and when its coming out! i want one.

cheers

c

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='70009' date='Oct 5 2007, 02:44 PM']I'm talking to Billy next week for a magazine article and wondered if anyone had any questions they'd like putting on their behalf...particularly gear-related stuff.[/quote]

ask if he can remember the first gig he did, where he didn't have to carry or set up any of his own equipment.

cheers.

Ask Billy what his last 'lightbulb' moment was where he finally got something that clicked (as per the BC thread)

Oh.. and ask him "If he had one question to ask any bass player (live or dead) what would it be?" - err.. as per the BC thread!

[quote name='dood' post='70092' date='Oct 5 2007, 06:05 PM']Ask Billy what his last 'lightbulb' moment was where he finally got something that clicked (as per the BC thread)
Oh.. and ask him "If he had one question to ask any bass player (live or dead) what would it be?" - err.. as per the BC thread![/quote]

I asked him about this in my interview for BGM - he said he had a night onstage with Talas when he suddenly looked at the bass neck and all of the positions made sense, suddenly he could see his way up and down it.

Which is nice.

Dave

[quote name='Davemarks' post='70280' date='Oct 6 2007, 12:43 PM']I asked him about this in my interview for BGM - he said he had a night onstage with Talas when he suddenly looked at the bass neck and all of the positions made sense, suddenly he could see his way up and down it.

Which is nice.

Dave[/quote]

Hi Dave, Yes I think Billy had mentioned something similar about having a 'moment of clarity' mid gig, on one of his videos.

[quote name='dood' post='70093' date='Oct 5 2007, 06:06 PM']oh.. and what is his current signal path? (pictures are good!)[/quote]

in his 'advanced bass' dvd one of the extras is Billy boy in his garage talking through his rack setup. he shows and talks about how it's all wired up, what goes where etc etc. Quite an interesting DVD all round actually.

peace

c

[quote name='dood' post='70095' date='Oct 5 2007, 06:08 PM']and one for me personally - Also ask him who books his tours, as next time round he should come to Norwich. I'm happy to help arrange it.. we know the right people!![/quote]

damn right - get him in the Brickmakers haha!!! i have very vague memories of seeing him with Mr Big at the Waterfront many, many moons ago....damn these brain cells!!!

peace

c