Why become a member? ×

Rush - Newcastle Arena

wateroftyne

Bloody great show. We were about 10 rows back, dead centre. Sound was OK (for the Arena, which is an awful shed) and the setlist was great,

Alex had problems throughout the first half (nothing I could hear) but he warmed up a bit during the second half.

Not much criticism other than my ears are buzzing, and Alex needs to use less Gibsons (they all sound the same.. mushy).

I can appreciate that they are great musicians and performers but I'm definately a basic kind of bloke who prefers songs with hooks and choruses. Hats off to any band that can still keep knocking it out to such a standard (and with the same line up) for soooo long. Thanks for the pic BTW , I'm sure that's the back of my mates baldy head about 5/6 rows in front of you.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='70256' date='Oct 6 2007, 11:41 AM']I can appreciate that they are great musicians and performers but I'm definately a basic kind of bloke who prefers songs with hooks and choruses. Hats off to any band that can still keep knocking it out to such a standard (and with the same line up) for soooo long. Thanks for the pic BTW , I'm sure that's the back of my mates baldy head about 5/6 rows in front of you.[/quote]

I hear ya... I don't do Prog for that very reason. Most of it is music for mathematicians.

IMO though, at the core of (almost) all Rush songs is a darn good tune!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='70258' date='Oct 6 2007, 11:45 AM']IMO though, at the core of (almost) all Rush songs is a darn good tune![/quote]
+1 for that - and the new album is stuffed with great tuneage IMO. This week I've had [i]Armor & Sword[/i], [i]Good News First[/i] and [i]We Hold On[/i] on rotation in my cranium. :)