Why become a member? ×

Jeannie's Pickguards

niceguyhomer

I ordered two in the past Alan and they were very slow to arrive. They were picked up from Roger dead quick but somewhere there was a huge bottleneck.

Great pickguards though.

And this seems like an okay place to post to me, if it wasn't I wouldn't post just to have a pop anyhow :)

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='70327' date='Oct 6 2007, 03:24 PM']And this seems like an okay place to post to me, if it wasn't I wouldn't post just to have a pop anyhow :)
Peter[/quote]

La la la..... :huh:

It wasnt in the right place where Homer put it initially, thats why I moved it....

As you see he got a reply that was relevant and quick by your good self!

(why oh why did I volunteer to be a mod?) :huh:

Alan, I'm sure Roger's done his bit. Sometimes things take ages to clear the sorting offices when they've come in from the States, sometimes they fly through. I'm sure the current postal strike isn't helping matters now. Don't despair, old chap, their sheer beauty will make the wait worth while.

What ones did you order? Is this covered elsewhere?

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' post='70566' date='Oct 7 2007, 10:26 AM']What ones did you order? Is this covered elsewhere?[/quote]

I've ordered a black/white/black and a black cherry tort - a kind of vintage looking tort so Roger tells me - can't wait to get them, got some new DR Sunbeams waiting to go on too. I'll post some pics when they arrive. Done two gigs with the DJ now - loving it -very different sound to what I'm used to but very deep and powerful..

[quote name='obbm' post='70572' date='Oct 7 2007, 10:39 AM']My last package took at least a couple of weeks or so I wouldn't worry yet. It's probably stuck in the postal dispute.[/quote]

Thanks Dave.

What pick-ups does your DJ have? If the wires are black/white twisted with plastic insulation they are Aeros. If the they are old style fabric insualtion they are Fralins. If they are red/black then they are Lakland's own. Pleased to hear you're enjoying it. The DJ4 is definitely my bass of choice these days.

I'm pretty sure they're Aeros Dave - a quick look behind the s/plate revealed black & white twisty stuff but I can't see any insulation. I'll have a proper look when the new s/ps arrive from Roger. I have to say it's a very nice bass - seems to do everything really well. I really love the neck, in fact I'll go so far to say it's the best neck I've had on any of my two hundred basses.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='70641' date='Oct 7 2007, 02:42 PM']I'm pretty sure they're Aeros Dave - a quick look behind the s/plate revealed black & white twisty stuff but I can't see any insulation. I'll have a proper look when the new s/ps arrive from Roger. I have to say it's a very nice bass - seems to do everything really well. I really love the neck, in fact I'll go so far to say it's the best neck I've had on any of my two hundred basses.[/quote]

I have to agree. Best neck I've ever played. It is effortless.

Black and white twisty is Aero. It would be interesting to A/B yours and mine one day to hear the difference between Fralins and Aeros. Maybe the next national Bash.

[quote name='obbm' post='70665' date='Oct 7 2007, 02:46 PM']I have to agree. Best neck I've ever played. It is effortless.

Black and white twisty is Aero. It would be interesting to A/B yours and mine one day to hear the difference between Fralins and Aeros. Maybe the next national Bash.[/quote]

Sounds like a plan Dave - and yes I'll still have it then! :)

Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhh....the agony continues, I got a card through the door today - looks like they're at the Post Office awaiting payment of customs charges of £14.65. Not bothered about that, what bothers me is I can't collect 'em until tomorrow morning - assuming the b*stards aren't on strike.

Looking forward to a real bonding session tomorrow - new pickguard / DR Sunbeams / a polish and a tweak - maybe even post some pics. :)

Hey, guys

Martin Sims at the SimS Custom Shop can make any pickguard you desire for any bass or guitar in-house and it's in Kent, England so no import frustrations or exchange rates to worry about!

see: "http://www.simscustom.com/html/scratchplate_files/scratchplates.html

They are the biz!!

Edited by Bassman7