Why become a member? ×

hummmm remover

gafbass02

Anyone know of a pedal i can use to remove the massive mains hum in my new home that has rendered my basses with passive pups just too noisy to use at home?, even my ray.
I looked at the EHX hum debugeer but the reviews are bad, and worse it needs a special power supply making a non starter for my pedal board.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='70390' date='Oct 6 2007, 06:09 PM']Urrrm do the basses hum that bad anywhere else?

If not you may need a new earth fitting to your house....... No its not a wind up!

There should be somewhere an earth spike or strap sunk into the floor, and this MAYBE at fault..... Do you have a mate thats a domestic electrician?[/quote]

Yes, my neighbour electrician also explained to me that our very old house probably needed a new earth terminal, as work on a new patio tore an old copper wiring strip out from somewhere. He reckoned this could have been an ancient house earth. Also, check that your place has a new fuse box with multiple trip switches. These new boxes are ( a pain sometimes) very sensitive and can even trip when a light bulb blows. But, they should be safer than the old standard single trip. If you have an earthing problem, GET IT SORTED mate, soon as possible. Maybe the electrical board will test your mains?

Mutliple trip switches along with the mains circuit breaker are brilliant bits of kit.

My parents house has neither, cue a phone to the 'leccy board every now and then to replace the main fuse when something blows (which granted, isn't often, last time was when we had a stream of water running under the house and it shorted out the cooker's joining box under the kitchen.