Why become a member? ×

Status 5 string -SOLD

ZPQ

Hi all,

I recently bought this Status Energy 5 string - it has been owned by a couple of BC members.

Dr Dave added the graphite neck and did a great job of it.

I think Beedster then had it and followed by Garbev and then myself.

I love the sound of it so much I've been converted to the whole active thing and am looking at ways to get a similar tone out of my Jazz.
If it was a 4 string I would keep it - 100%. But I bought it thinking it would be good way to get into 5 string playing and I'm not really adapting as quickly as I'd hoped so it isn't getting used.

Edited by ZPQ

[quote name='ZPQ' post='70519' date='Oct 7 2007, 10:12 AM']I'm not looking to profit from it so it'll be £350 inc hardcase.
All pm's now replied to, but it's still up for grabs.

(which might be a good thing for me - I won't be sad if I have to keep it!)[/quote]
Hi John,
Do you know what scale it is?
Cheers,
Stuart

Intrigued and bday money is in! How does this sound out of interest? Could it be used for metal? I play with a pick btw, im guessing that if the necks been added its good quality and fairly easy to tap on? (cheaper necks seem to be a nightmare to me) where are you based? ARGH GAS! Any comparisons to other basses? Wick, trb1006? etc

Am VERY interested and this is definately on my shortlist, just gotta flog 2 of my cheapy basses first or mum will kill me lol

PS whats the wood? Possible to get some specs? I checked the sight but u cant get them anymore :)

Edited by charic

[quote name='ZPQ' post='70493' date='Oct 7 2007, 02:10 AM']Hi all,

I recently bought this Status Energy 5 string - it has been owned by a couple of BC members.

Dr Dave added the graphite neck and did a great job of it.

I think Beedster then had it and followed by Garbev and then myself.

I love the sound of it so much I've been converted to the whole active thing and am looking at ways to get a similar tone out of my Jazz.
If it was a 4 string I would keep it - 100%. But I bought it thinking it would be good way to get into 5 string playing and I'm not really adapting as quickly as I'd hoped so it isn't getting used.

If anyone is interested in being the next owner - please pm me.

Thanks
John[/quote]*****************************************PM'd

Noooooooo, has he nabbed this? Im too interested in it :)

If not can we say i want it while i just gather the rest of the info for a defo? Yorkshires a trek as im in cambridgeshire n itd cost me to get there lol. Its just the neck profile im worried about

just read that some of the status graphite necks dont have truss rods... does this one?

Edited by charic

Hi John,

I can't believe this bass is still for sale. Its a great sounding and playing bass.
The price is amazing, top quality components and woods.
An OPL or some other 'clone' would be around the same price. I really enjoyed the
bass and I'm sure I would have kept if I hadn't completely switched to fretless.

Thumbs up for a great bass and nice guy.

All the best,

Gary.

[quote name='ZPQ' post='76765' date='Oct 19 2007, 10:28 PM']Now sold.

Thanks to everyone who got in touch.

and thanks Mike - nice to see it back in it's hometown.[/quote]
***********************************Yeah thanks - Didn't think I'd like it to be honest; I DIDN'T[even after I fixed it!]....that was until I gigged it this afternoon - Still can't believe how it hangs in the mix..I hear/feel every note- none of that dead-spot stuff - every note sustains till you tell it not to, although that does tend to highlight one's inadequacies!.......It does feel a bit odd when soloing, due I guess to the unusual profile - Nethertheless, reckon I'll be on the lookout for the fretless variant...Was wondering why the headstock is missing the Status logo though - answers on a postcard please.....

bugger. I wold have had that.

No logo - because on older necks / basses the logo was either on the bridge, the pickups or at the base of the neck.

Neither of my 2 Energys were logod. (1 got a new fretless neck from Status - and that does have one)

BTW - if you go fretless - Rob will build you a neck for about £400 ish.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='77159' date='Oct 20 2007, 10:34 PM']bugger. I wold have had that.
No logo - because on older necks / basses the logo was either on the bridge, the pickups or at the base of the neck.

Neither of my 2 Energys were logod. (1 got a new fretless neck from Status - and that does have one)

BTW - if you go fretless - Rob will build you a neck for about £400 ish.[/quote]
*************************CHEERS!