Why become a member? ×

Anyone buy any good gear this weekend?

OutToPlayJazz

Didn't see anything I was tempted by this weekend, but did finally pick up my Hofner gig bag for the violin bass. (Took about 3 months for it to arrive from Germany!)

Just wondered if anyone made any scoop purchases and felt the Saturday music shop magic? (And the guilty, "I've spent how much???" afterwards!)

I have to make a conscious effort to avoid music shops, because Im saving like mad for my trip to the americas come feb and as such im not in a band because of it, I will be tempted to buy a bass that will just sit in my house whilst im off around the usa, and I figured I'd pick up a half price thumb or ray whilst im out there, haha the same thing goes for ebay aswell! so for me denmark street is a no go zome right now, even if I walk past my local music shop which is the typical "we stock high end guitars but only have cheap generic stagg or encore basses" Im tempted to buy strings or something!

I went to Dawsons in Reading last night to the free Fender clinic with Greg Koch and Reggie Hamilton. It was very hard to keep the plastic in my pocket after such an enjoyable free gig. Had a long chat with Reggie - such a nice guy. I liked his tribute bass, very easy to play, wide range of tones and a D tuner.

I just made do with some strings and a signed CD from the master of gristle :)

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='70717' date='Oct 7 2007, 06:13 PM']I went to Dawsons in Reading last night to the free Fender clinic with Greg Koch and Reggie Hamilton. It was very hard to keep the plastic in my pocket after such an enjoyable free gig. Had a long chat with Reggie - such a nice guy. I liked his tribute bass, very easy to play, wide range of tones and a D tuner.

I just made do with some strings and a signed CD from the master of gristle :)

Hamster[/quote]

Hamster
Where do you live in the Runnymede? Windlesham born, raised in Egham (or Pooley Green to be more precise). Moved away about twenty years ago (along with Bill Bryson!).
P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='70722' date='Oct 7 2007, 06:21 PM']Hamster
Where do you live in the Runnymede? Windlesham born, raised in Egham (or Pooley Green to be more precise). Moved away about twenty years ago (along with Bill Bryson!).
P[/quote]

I'm in the big C at the moment, but hoping to move to the big A in a few months (Chertsey ---> Addlestone) :)

Hamster

Ordered a second Gallien Krueger Neo112...

And some speaker cables (from OBBM, of course :) )

[quote]Pack of Schaller straplocks for my new bass... why don't they just sell just the bits that go on the Bass[/quote]

They do here:

[url="http://www.allparts.uk.com/catalogue/index.php?cPath=91006_91068&sort=2a&=&page=2"]Straplocks[/url]

On Friday (the first day of the weekend, if you ask me) I bought a Behringer BDI 21 from our very own RichardH. And, after playing about with it a bit, I've come to the conclusion that yes, they really are that good.

[quote name='ste_m3' date='Oct 7 2007, 09:00 PM' post='70795']
i got my first custom yesterday! Wonderful wonderful feeling.

MB1. :)
How much for an eighth?......anybody buy any good gear this weekend????

Edited by MB1

Nothing for me, got the missus a new drum throne plus some feelgood factor, we were in of our local music shops and she found the throne she liked, I said 'cool, we'll get on from ebay for about half the price' to which I got a stern glare and a mini lecture that if everyone did that then we would not have local music shops, so £70 lighter but feel good for supporting the local lads :)