Why become a member? ×

Rush Gig - anybody know start times?

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

I'm going to see Rush at Wembley Arena on Tuesday night and have to drive up there from the south coast which is normally a 2 to 3 hour journey depending on traffic. And with Wembley always being busy on gig nights I can see that I'm going to struggle to get there in time for the show.

So I wondered if anyone knew what time the band normally goes on stage (doors are at 7.30pm), whether they have a support band and roughly how long they play for?

It's going to be too late for me to get a train back so I really do need to take the car but I'm worried I won't get there in time..Especially with having to find a parking space as well...

I'm looking forward to it but I'll definitely enjoy it more if I can reduce the travel stress that goes with it!!

Cheers

Nik

I was at Glasgow & Newcastle - onstage at 7.45, off again at about 10.55. They play a very long set (about 2h 45 excluding the break) so there's no support.

If the venue's saying doors at 7.30, they may start a bit later - why not phone the venue to see if they know what time the band will be on stage?

Jon.

Hi Nik, same dilemma here, but not as far, if you do the M25, M11 to A406 north circ to wembley or similar then, as i've got away with in the past, wedge the car up a side street and leg it to the venue, im gonna try and be at the bar for 7 and will call you to see if your about, good luck my friend.

Hi Nig,

Thanks - look forward to hooking up with you..I'll send you a text when I get there!

And thanks for the other replies folks...looks like it'll be a tight squeeze getting there for the start but at least there'll be plenty of time to relax and see the band once I finally get there!

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='nig' post='70847' date='Oct 7 2007, 10:57 PM']Hi Nik, same dilemma here, but not as far, if you do the M25, M11 to A406 north circ to wembley or similar then, as i've got away with in the past, wedge the car up a side street and leg it to the venue, im gonna try and be at the bar for 7 and will call you to see if your about, good luck my friend.[/quote]

Sheffield was about 7:45 start, played till nearly 9pm. Break for 20 mins then back on until 11pm. I think they follow a pretty strict schedule. They were in the back of the merc hire cars zooming away from the venue long before the rest of us got to our cars!
I doubt Wembley will open so close to show time, expect doors open nearer 6:30 than 7:30.