Why become a member? ×

Ebay Rip -off revenge post

OldGit

[quote name='Beedster' post='73205' date='Oct 12 2007, 09:59 AM']Thanks for the above, but it was not generosity and I certainly do not have a lot of money (my bank manager would p*ss himself laughing of he saw your post above, really).[/quote]

Chris, if that's the case, when we met at Lakeside to swap basses, how come you arrived in a gold limousine trailing £50 notes from the windows?

Saying that, the footman who carried the basses in had a scuff on one of his shoes - maybe you have hit money problems?

Still, perhaps you can rent out one of the wings of "Beedster Towers" ?

Regards,

Mike (a humble serf!)

Edited by Mike

[quote name='Mike' post='73214' date='Oct 12 2007, 10:10 AM']Chris, if that's the case, when we met at Lakeside to swap basses, how come you arrived in a gold limousine trailing £50 notes from the windows?

Saying that, the footman who carried the basses in had a scuff on one of his shoes - maybe you have hit money problems?

Still, perhaps you can rent out one of the wings of "Beedster Towers" ?
Regards,

Mike (a humble serf!)[/quote]

Yes, his shoe was scuffed, but he scuffed it when he trippd over your Lamborghini :)
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='73213' date='Oct 12 2007, 10:09 AM']Agreed. I didn't mean to be patronising about money. I just think life's too short to think of it as the only thing. The guy's main gripe is that, although he's got a lovely '74 bass, it cost him more money than it should. Hey, looking at Fender prices at the moment that's gonna be true for a lot of us soon!
Good to talk these things over isn't it!
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

Not patronising at all!

Maybe your bank manager would appreciate it if you sold your gold limousine and started carrying your own basses?

:)

[quote]Wateroftyne, are you able to shed anymore light on the story? I know it's none of our business but I suspect we're all nosy bitches! Do you know the original seller's view on the situation?[/quote]

I'll ask him if he wants to drop by and give a little more info. He posted about it on Bassworld, but obviously that's long gone now.

I'm saying nowt else because, as has been mentioned, it's a legal minefield.

It seems to me that such interest is raised in this subject because we all know that the actions of the seller are wrong, this is uncomfortable for us. I know I'm stating the obvious but sometimes it needs to be said.
The buyer whilst he is rightly saying out loud that he has been wronged, would, in my opinion, be better off putting it down to experience. Although I'm secretly glad that he persists in letting us know about this guy. I just hope he can cope with keeping it going without getting too twisted up by it.
For the sake of balance, I did look at the sellers ebay feedback and he does have an enormous list of positive comments.
Jake

Edited by jakesbass