Why become a member? ×

Quinissential guitar shop licks...

HarryPotter

A bit like my soundcheck licks, I play the open strings. All at the same time. With a coin instead of a pick. :)

Nah. I haven't been in a g**tar shop for AGES so I can't actually remember the last thing I played in one. Probably some bollox like Gods of War or one of me own lines.

higher ground, naked in the rain, sweet home chicago, the awakening (well the first half anyway), number of the beast, wishing well, small sections out of other songs too.
i was in SC on oxford street a while back trying out amps and started playing Keep on Running and then an old guy near buy started singing it, thats the only time anyone has stopped to look /listen to what i was doing, there was a small group in the end. but i prefer booths for that reason. and alot of the time my mind tends to go completely blank the second i walk in a shop.

Edited by lowhand_mike

Guest Bald Eagle

[quote name='spike' post='72151' date='Oct 10 2007, 01:41 PM']Whenever I try out a bass in a shop I instantly forget every bassline I have ever learned :)[/quote]

Oh yes that'll be me as well!

Money or anything by the Jam or RHCP are ones I hear most, those and slapped triplet after slapped triplet of course, oh I did play My Sherona once and the guitar (not bass) salesmen said he hadn't heard that in yonks, no sh.t :-)

Actually the last time I was trying basses in a music shop they had a concert Video running as I started .. some young turks I didn't recognise - after a while I realised I couldn't really compete so I started playing along to it ... the staff turned the video volume [b]up[/b] ... Derrrrrrrrrr
Wasn't even SC :)

Been ages since i tried a bass out in a shop properly, but last time I ran through "The Awakening" by The Reddings rather than Stock Slap Phrase No 34 in E. Guy had never heard it before and thought I had made it up. I didn't take the credit, don't worry...:) But i did take the bass...!

[quote name='Bass_In_Yer_Face' post='72226' date='Oct 10 2007, 03:48 PM']:)

Someone once said that you have to give the perfoemance of your life while trying out gear in a guitar shop[/quote]

Depends on whether you give a rat's backside about what others think of your playing (in a music shop) or not ....

Guest Bald Eagle

[quote name='Bass_In_Yer_Face' post='72226' date='Oct 10 2007, 03:48 PM']:)

Someone once said that you have to give the perfoemance of your life while trying out gear in a guitar shop[/quote]

Don't know who that someone was but that's cobblers, the only people giving performances, sorry showing off, are normally the staff :-)