Why become a member? ×

Stagg!!!!

mikeh

Has anyone tried one of the new stagg EUB's?

Im looking at getting my first EUB and the top fo my list so far is an NS WAV 4 followed by the Aria SWB LITE ONE.

But I didnt know whether the Stagg would be worth getting to try first then upgrade later? Or would that just be wasted money!!!

Are there any other EUB's available in the country for around the £700 mark?

Cheers

Mike

The Stagg looks like a copy (licenced??) of the Aria SWB Lite - probably made in China which is why it's so stupidly cheap.

I've got an Aria Swb Lite and I'm pretty happy with it. Although I can see myself wanting to upgrade in a few years time.

I've no idea what the quality of Stagg stuff is - it seems good quality for the price but without trying it first there's really no way of knowing.

Generally you get what you pay for so if you've got £700 to spend on an EUB, then that's what I'd do. Spending £300 may be a false economy.

[quote name='Machines' post='71997' date='Oct 10 2007, 08:47 AM']Looks quite good actually - certainly better than the Dean Pace which to me is just a normal bass with the body cut off.[/quote]
I can assure you that the Dean Pace is much more than that. Unless of course you play a fretless bass with a 6" fingerboard radius, slotted headstock, 35" scale length, piezo pickups in the bridge, a very deep neck profile (like on an URB) where the body and neck are a continuous piece of maple. :)

[quote name='mikeh' post='72291' date='Oct 10 2007, 05:56 PM']Well after an interesting visit to my LGS today during my lunch break, he's given me a really good price on the Aria SWB so Im going for that!![/quote]

Good choice sir.

I've only had mine for about six months and I'm loving every minute of it. It's a bit like learning to play all over again but already knowing what you're supposed to be doing.

I'm also playing more gigs and sessions than you can shake a stick at - there's something about upright bass that makes people take notice. Sweet.

[quote name='TheRev' post='72620' date='Oct 11 2007, 09:27 AM']Good choice sir.

I've only had mine for about six months and I'm loving every minute of it. It's a bit like learning to play all over again but already knowing what you're supposed to be doing.

I'm also playing more gigs and sessions than you can shake a stick at - there's something about upright bass that makes people take notice. Sweet.[/quote]

I really cant wait now. Wanted to do it for ages, and suddenly decided now was the time. I will have it by Christmas as Im saving for it.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='TheRinser' post='104760' date='Dec 15 2007, 08:12 PM']That'd be great Mike! Unless you can scan it in or whatever? Don't want to put you to too much trouble... If you're sure that's cool though I'll PM you my details.

Thanks!

Tom[/quote]

No problem at all. I don't have a scanner so send me you address and I'll post it.

• 2 weeks later...