Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

Not sure what I can say that hasn't been said many times over! But I have to repeat that John is fantastic, and very patient and helpful. He put me together a Volume / Blend / Tone kit for my Jazz bass, and put up with me when I managed to be an idiot and couldn't get it working, through my own stupidity.

Would happily deal with John again, I think this may well be my fourth or fifth kit from him!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered a PJ set of mini pots with stacked tone control. John helped to specify what I needed according to what I wanted to get out of my bass and obtain the tone I want, and the results are astonishing. With quality pickups (from Etienne Lauzon in Toronto) and John's quality pots and loom I have tailored a low cost bass into my own dream instrument. The bass now sounds wonderful, thanks John!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wanted an all passive loom vol, tone, tone, blend, three way switch and mute toggle. instead of my east pre amp. Knew what I had in mind and although I could of made this myself I don't find electrics that fun. Or sourcing the bits for that matter.
So I entrusted John to make me one up, very good communication and fast turnaround. Fitted right in with no issues. Decent quality so should last. He also supplied me the knobs.
Came laid out on card with instructions and with the tools too! Which is a nice touch.

He has also been very helpful with past enquirers.

So a very positive review from me.

• 3 weeks later...

It's high time I left some feedback for John, given that all eight of my basses, one show-owned bass, two electric guitars, and an acoustic have passed through his hands at some point! I also automatically recommend him to anyone local looking to have work done on an instrument.

From electronic repairs, to re-wires, to full setups, John's work has always been great, finished in very good time, and reasonably priced. As a professional bass player I trust John's work on my instruments, and in over 20 years of playing I feel they are in the best shape I've had them.

For anyone wondering about the value of the replacement wiring looms, not only do they inspire confidence in having top notch components on board, but they do make a difference in tone. It's subtle, of course, but they have added a little extra 'something' to two basses of mine which began life with cheaper electronics.

I feel lucky that John turned out to be so local to me, and I will doubtless be taking more bits of gear, large or small to him in future.

Cheerz John!

I recently decided to fix up my old Ibanez SR300 and convert it from active to passive.

As previously, when I bought a P bass wiring loom, John was excellent help in providing advice. The loom I have now is great, really well put together and means the Ibanez will once again get played :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dear BassChat Brethren, [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I cannot praise KiOgon highly enough for the quality of his looms. I purchased three in total, including one with non-standard components, and he was helpful on the advice front and speedy with the delivery. And, in terms of after-care service, he was sage-like with good advice and clearly has the patience of a saint. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great product.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great person to deal with.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Need to revamp the wiring in your bass? KiOgon is the man. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Andy[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif](Denki109)[/font][/color]

Edited by denki109

• 2 weeks later...

Got a complete Jazz control plate from John for my 75ri Jazz which had a east j-retro in it when I got it. Really wanted to convert it back to passive and John's kit was a great deal, received the next day and took 5mins to fit, with NO soldering required! Amazing!

Now - what else of mine needs rewiring?!

Thanks a million John!

• 3 weeks later...

Following the noticeable improvement to my MIM Precision with a KiOgen wiring loom last year I bought a wiring loom for my American Traditional Jazz, as I was finding the sound a little too bright/harsh, and it is now much improved with more depth and a much warmer sound. A great improvement and a very quick and efficient service. Thanks John

Privileged to have visited John's man-cave today to try a number of his excellent basses, chat about all things bass and get some lovely CTS Pots, Switchcraft Jack, vintage wiring and a rare Sprague Pacer cap fitted to my Road Worn P bass, which is now 100% reliable and sounds great. Another fantastic job of work. Always good to get down to the coast and meet up with John, who is an all-round great bloke. Thanks in particular for the Sprague Pacer John, I know you haven't got many left! :D

Edited by discreet

John made a new wiring harness for my Ric type bass. Fitting new pickups with his solderless design was absolute breeze even for someone as hopeless as me. He even sent a me out a new set od extra nuts and washers! Couldn't recommend him highly enough!

John was good enough to repair (and slightly modify) an old Dan Armstrong Yellow Humper circuit for me.
He did a brilliant job of sorting it out. In spite of my making it clear that there was no rush at all, he still had the job done really quickly.
Lovely guy to deal with and kept me well updated. Genuinely deserving of his excellent reputation on here and in future he will definitely be my first port of call for anything similar.

Thanks again :)

Edited by Painy

Got my first wiring loom from John and I must say he is a first class guy at soldering and a gentleman to deal with also. Little screwdriver thrown in as well, very professional.

I will be using him for any future projects or upgrades

Highly recommended... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a Jazz bass wiring loom from John, its a top quality piece of kit.

John is a top bloke, great advice, great product and superfast delivery. What more could you want?

Its also worth mentioning how good John is with help in getting the kit fitted too, I had a few questions and he replied quickly with excellent guidance.

I'll be back for more, my P bass needs one now...

Edited by interpol52

Just finished upgrading a CIJ P-bass with a wiring loom from John. Quality work, lightning turnaround, and the little screwdriver was more useful than I thought it might be for securing the solderless connections! John hardly needs me to recommend him on page 12 of his feedback thread, but I heartily do so anyway!

• 4 weeks later...