Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

first time dealing with John, and wont be the last. superb communication, very helpful and knowledgeable.

the kit was superb, arrived next day and his solderless wiring idea is genius! genuinely took 10 minuts to wire up a jazz bass.

deal with confidence - highly recommended.

Great start tinged with disappointment.

The passive loom that I recently bought from John was good (see above feedback) but the socket that was included has an intermittent connection, something I noticed two weeks after it was fitted. I asked John to exchange it but got a pretty terse response including:
[i]“I am not 'a business' with an exchange policy for used goods, you seriously expect me to send out replacements free of charge?”[/i]

At the end of the day this is just an £8.00 socket and I can go back to the old socket that has worked reliably for the three years that I have had the bass and is possibly original from the early ‘90s. However, I was very disappointed with his response to a genuine problem and, as I am considering getting an active loom with new pickups which would cost a significant amount of money, I certainly won’t be buying any of it from John.

Caveat emptor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Folks and threds were saying I should have a p bass loom made by John....
I thought it wouldn't make much of a difference in sound, wrong! It made my dimarzio on my Matt Freeman absolutely sing :-)
paid for it on Friday.....it was made and sent received this morning ( less than a day) fantastic!

top bloke to deal with.

Not much to say about John really that I have not said before but he really is a diamond geezer and is never to busy to help out if you ask for his help and that is what it is all about on this great forum mates helping each other out. I have done a few deals and stuff with John and am always more than happy :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teamcoy

John has yet again delivered the goods, putting new wires on a pickup for me. He turned it around with ridiculous efficiency.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

John is an absolute gent. Gave me plenty of great advice when I first got in touch, even though I told him it would be a few weeks before I could place an order due to lack of funds. When I did order the circuit, it arrived within a couple of days. Absolutely impeccable soldering, it looks fantastic and instills confidence that it's going to do the business.

A half later and I had removed my old circuit and screwed in the new one from John. Sounded great through the practice amp and after it's first gig on Saturday, sounds just as good through the main rig. Has certainly improved the tone from my bass.

Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...

My first dealings with John.. He made me up a nice vintage P bass loom and I received it less than 24 hrs after my first enquiry PM.
Not installed it yet but all the components are top quality, and his solder work is so neat and tidy (tidier than my USA Fender to be honest).
It came installed on a card template with clear instructions and even a little screwdriver :), all well boxed up for a safe journey.
Well impressed and very pleased!

The only downside I can see is that with the solderless connections it came with, there'll be no holding me back trying out all sorts of pickups with complete ease! ;) :P

Thanks again John for the fantastic goods and excellent service. Top chap.

Edit:
I've now installed it and it's as good as I hoped. Rock solid pots and sounds clear as a bell yet it can get really phat now thanks to the .1uF cap I specified. Great stuff!

Edited by miles'tone

John has once again proved his awesomeness, getting a loom in the post at th elast minute for me and it arriving the morning after, effortless! just superb, cheers again matey :)

my '77 p will live again mwahahahahahaha :D

Ordered and installed P bass wiring kit - all works brilliantly, was very easy to install (especially for a soldering-phobic fat fingered bloke like me!) and vastly improves sound of an old Korean pickup noticeably already. very chuffed!

thanks again for super-quick service and providing such a fool-proof package!

Ordered Jazz Bass Control kit with plate from John late Tuesday.
Newly built kit arrived earlier this morning, is now fitted and making Bass sound truly great. (due to very easy to follow instructions)

Thanks John for a brilliantly quick service and your expertise and time.

Al