Why become a member? ×

Zon Sonus Special Fretless Five String SOLD

Zonnick

I've started playing upright and haven't been playing my beloved Zon fretless much of late. Plus a need for a fretted 4 string forces this sale.

It's a 2001 vintage Zon Sonus Special Fretless Five string

- 34 inch scale (i.e. it's a very playable fiver)
- Zon graphite neck
- wood composite fingerboard
- bart j bass pups
- Zon preamp
- Ash body
- Bubinga top
- Redwood fretmarkers

I honestly believe these to be the best fretless basses in the world (I felt like I had tried them all before I bought it) and they truly sing and mwah like it's going out of fashion. Action is low. The bart J pups are set slightly further back towards the bridge to bring out the lo mids. It works.

Specs at
- [url="http://www.zonguitars.com/zonguitars/sonusspecial5.html"]http://www.zonguitars.com/zonguitars/sonusspecial5.html[/url]

Very wide range of tones from Jaco honk to broad, almost fibrous upright tones.

They are very light and well balanced - no diving.

This one has one small ding that does not penetrate the finish on the back edge next to the strap button (i.e. not on the front). Used in a smoke free studio.

Drop me a line if you want more pics or info. I'm in London and would prefer not to post.

£1100 firm.

Cheers,

Nick

Pics!

[attachment=2816:IMG_2936.jpg]

[attachment=2814:IMG_2939.jpg]

[attachment=2815:IMG_2937.jpg]

[attachment=2817:IMG_2942.jpg]

Edited by Zonnick

[quote name='CS2' post='72921' date='Oct 11 2007, 04:24 PM']Apologies for wasting time and bandwidth as I cannot afford that and I normally sneer at people who make sychophantic comments...but Those pics have made my heart beat a little faster.[/quote]

I bet you're fun at parties :)