Why become a member? ×

Fender Mustang Japan Reissue

Hello_Dave

Im pretty much decided that I'm gonna get one of these, I've heard nothing but praise for them and the one I tried was really nice.

I just can't decide which colour I prefer between the Fiesta Red and White. I've only seen the red in real life, anyone know somewhere in Manchester or nearabouts where I can see the white version? Whichever one I get, Im gonna stick a black pickguard on it I hate the pearl on the red and not a massive fan of the tort on white. Im swaying towards red and black at the moment...the fact Im a United supporter may be the reason why lol.

Alternatively, if anyone has any pictures of their mustang I would love to see em.

Kev

[quote name='Hello_Dave' date='May 24 2007, 07:40 PM' post='5985']
Im pretty much decided that I'm gonna get one of these, I've heard nothing but praise for them and the one I tried was really nice.

I just can't decide which colour I prefer between the Fiesta Red and White. I've only seen the red in real life, anyone know somewhere in Manchester or nearabouts where I can see the white version? Whichever one I get, Im gonna stick a black pickguard on it I hate the pearl on the red and not a massive fan of the tort on white. Im swaying towards red and black at the moment...the fact Im a United supporter may be the reason why lol.

Gotta say I prefer the vintage white *with* the tort pickguard...

Would love one myself but I reckon it'd spoil you for 34" basses.

After all, a Mustang has gotta be easier to play ;-)

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='5998' date='May 24 2007, 08:00 PM']Gotta say I prefer the vintage white *with* the tort pickguard...

Would love one myself but I reckon it'd spoil you for 34" basses.

After all, a Mustang has gotta be easier to play ;-)[/quote]

I hope that's the case, Im pretty small (ahem!) and my jazz dwarfs me!! I feel the strain in my left wrist due to overstretching so its a decision made based on the well being of my wrist and the fact that I'll look like less of a goon on stage. And that is pretty important lol.

Here's the stock Fiesta red:

And here's what Im thinking of doing:

Any opinions?

Edited by Hello_Dave

[quote name='King Tut' post='7453' date='May 27 2007, 02:03 AM']Here's mine:

I love it, but access to the upper frets is V poor - if ur gonna play 'All Right Now' - forget it!!

The pearloid plate looks real nice - not el cheapo at all!

Col[/quote]

Alright Col

I don't really need the upper fret access so that's not gonna much of a problem.

How's the weight? Say compared to a Jazz or P?

Light enough to make a big difference, but still substantial enough to feel 'proper'. I was amazed at the tone when I first played it - I had it in my head that it would lack botton, but it doesn't at all. Has some nice low mid stuff that cuts through a mix real well. You'd be best to try the sound first though to make sure you like it.

Col

[quote name='King Tut' post='9347' date='May 30 2007, 05:28 PM']Light enough to make a big difference, but still substantial enough to feel 'proper'. I was amazed at the tone when I first played it - I had it in my head that it would lack botton, but it doesn't at all. Has some nice low mid stuff that cuts through a mix real well. You'd be best to try the sound first though to make sure you like it.

Col[/quote]

I played one through a Hartke 2500 yesterday, sounded really good and played nicely, the neck was superb!