Why become a member? ×

Brill Stereo & Bass for your iPod or Computer - JBL Encounter System

SMART

I recently purchased a JBL Encounter system to beef up our office desk Mac and they only cost £49.95 from the Apple Store:

www.apple.com/uk - click on store then audio & speakers

If you're looking for an incredibly cost effective way to get great sound I cannot recommend these highly. We're used to high end hi-fi as well as hi-end bass here and these babies, well, JBL just have made a marvellously sounding product with fully adjustable levels for both treble and that all important low end depending on what surface/floor type the sub is mounted on etc. Clarity and definition absolutely superb and at this price they're a veritable steal! Get them while they're around.

Check them out and enjoy great bass!

Incognito with Randy Hope Taylor and Julian Carmpton plus Mr King sound fab!

Ian

Edited by SMART

[quote name='ZPQ' post='73940' date='Oct 13 2007, 09:23 PM']and they look well cool!

did you compare them to the jbl spot or creature? or the HK sticks?

how loud are they?

I'm very tempted to get some for the office.

Thanks
John[/quote]

They are definitely better, the stereo pods are weighted in the base and the whole rig is extremely well put together and finished quality-wise. In all I'd rate them as good as if not better than the HK sticks which are great.

See the comments on the Apple UK store for feedback, it's all spot on and true and I'm extremely fussy when it comes to sound reproduction: I own a Meridian stereo system, have a BAG END PA with 18" ELF subs (with the BAG END processor these babies go down to 18 Hz and are the best sounding most natural subs I have yet to experience plus I also have a new BOSE L1 system for the biz).

They go very loud and the quality remains the same (except at full blast and that's the same for most systems). I just can't believe the price v the performance level, absolutely stunning! At £49.95 to not buy them really would be a sin!

You really won't regret it - all my iTunes ripped CDs using Apple Lossless format (nearly 1600 albums and iTunes downloads) sound as good as a mid-range high quality stereo system, no kidding!

Ian

Edited by SMART