Why become a member? ×

Stuart Zender - live photo!

sshorepunk

[quote name='MB1' post='76506' date='Oct 19 2007, 01:31 PM']MB1. :)

Fender?? .....Nah! its a debadged Warwick?
Nice to see the return of Mr Z, Great pic Tony![/quote]

I reckon there is a Trace Elliot wedged in that head somewhere.

Nah, listening to it, it was defo a P through an Ampeg - an unmistakeable sound. Whether you like that sound is out for debate, but it was defo *that* sound.

On the BBC 'Electric Proms' gig (currently on the BBC interactive loop) he even had black tape covering the Fender logo on the headstock of his vintage Precision. Never seen that before for any bass player on TV - I can only guess that he he must be worried about upsetting a bass sponsor...
Could Warwick(???) really get upset about that???

Edited by 99ster

"he even had black tape covering the Fender logo on the headstock of his vintage Precision. Never seen that before for any bass player on TV - I can only guess that he he must be worried about upsetting a bass sponsor..."

Fender probably didn't offer him an endorsement deal, or a good enough one.

Jeff Berlin taped over the Peavey logo on his Palladium sig. bass when he quit endorsing them.

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='80127' date='Oct 27 2007, 02:22 PM']someone suggested the tape on the headstock may upset Warwick? I'm pretty certain he no longer has no connection with Warwick, I can check as I do have regular contact with Mr Norton, but I think it's safe to say, that is way back in the day!

T[/quote]

I'd say SJA's theory sounds like a plausible one... though it would make Mr Zender look like he's doing a 'toys out of the pram' stunt.

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='80154' date='Oct 27 2007, 04:14 PM']I am sure its more of a "ill play what i want and not advertise anyone" thing rather than a stunt.

I imagine warwick and trace payed his lots back in the day to play their gear and he feels he isn't going to promote anyone anymore.

G[/quote]

I think he ought to be proud of what produces his sound.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='80223' date='Oct 27 2007, 07:02 PM']Would I be controversal if I said "his fingers" at this point?

-hey, just kidding.[/quote]

No, you're right.

I don't think he'll be swapping it for Washburn and Line6 anytime soon though.

No disrespect to the users of aforementioned companies. To each his own.

Edited by paul, the

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='80154' date='Oct 27 2007, 03:14 PM']I am sure its more of a "ill play what i want and not advertise anyone" thing rather than a stunt.

I imagine warwick and trace payed his lots back in the day to play their gear and he feels he isn't going to promote anyone anymore.[/quote]

It's the BBC that enforce this, you're only allowed to show the branding on your gear if you've got an endorsement deal (or this is what I seem to remember a friend telling me after he played on the beeb one time - some studio lackey taped over the Roland logos on his keys).