Why become a member? ×

Stuart Zender - live photo!

sshorepunk

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='74317' date='Oct 14 2007, 10:44 PM']I was fortunate to have a photo pass for the Mark Ronson gig in Manchester on Saturday, caught this chap in action, this ain't the best pic' but gives a good view of whats behind him on this tour!

Tony[/quote]

Pete Ray Biggin is the guy that's behind him on tour... one of my favest drummers. Anyway, he has always been pretty handy from an early age. Check this - [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u02eZsjLntk"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u02eZsjLntk[/url] - he's the third drummer. No competition in my book...

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='74636' date='Oct 15 2007, 03:45 PM']To stop his feet getting cold? So if he walks or something sharp it doesn't hurt?[/quote]

Rubber soles. Stops him getting shocks off the mics...

...not that he sings of course.

Interesting, wonder if he's mic'ed and DI'ed or just mic'ed. I guess that's kind of a dumb question, I'm just so used to DI'ing that seeing a mic'ed bass cab surprises me!

I also wonder how much Ronson is making off this album, surely all the money goes to the copyright owners, which I guess is the people that wrote the songs?

[quote name='funkysimon' post='74654' date='Oct 15 2007, 04:31 PM']Interesting, wonder if he's mic'ed and DI'ed or just mic'ed. I guess that's kind of a dumb question, I'm just so used to DI'ing that seeing a mic'ed bass cab surprises me!

I also wonder how much Ronson is making off this album, surely all the money goes to the copyright owners, which I guess is the people that wrote the songs?[/quote]

Vintage Ampeg = No oboard DI so hes going to be looking at minimum bass into DI with a feed into the amp.

In terms of amp sound, the sound guys haven't got a lot of options other than to mic. I mean, you could put a load in between the amp and the speaker and tap off a line feed (like some attenuators have)... but then you have to be bothered with speaker sims.

I reckon Ronson is making considerably more from the tours than he could ever hope to make off the album itself...

Edited by EBS_freak

Yeah - they've definitely de-badged all of his Ampeg gear since the previous tour.... Probably the usual story of him/or the band getting paid to endorse an amp that he never actually uses or likes. And that goes on a lot more than people realise...
So it's goodbye to Warwick & modern amps - & hello lovely old pre-CBS Precision & Ampeg valve gear.

Here's a picture from earlier in 2007 - same set-up but with badges intact + a glimpse of his pedals...

[attachment=2885:ronson_zender.jpg]

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='99ster' post='74725' date='Oct 15 2007, 06:58 PM']So it's goodbye to Warwick & modern amps - & hello lovely old pre-CBS Precision & Ampeg valve gear.
[attachment=2885:ronson_zender.jpg][/quote]

That's all I knew before joining the forum. - It's all I want again now. Those cabs look great.

Just read a review of the Manchester gig. Not positive at all. It's a pity as Mr Z is a real talent however Mr Ronson was described as swearing too much and looking like a public schoolboy trying to be all chav. There were only a couple of vocalists so he couldn't really recreate the Version album. Bit disappointing as I do like the album. Anyway that same night Rush were in town and... nuff said!

[quote name='ednaplate' post='75057' date='Oct 16 2007, 01:50 PM']Just read a review of the Manchester gig. Not positive at all. It's a pity as Mr Z is a real talent however Mr Ronson was described as swearing too much and looking like a public schoolboy trying to be all chav. There were only a couple of vocalists so he couldn't really recreate the Version album. Bit disappointing as I do like the album. Anyway that same night Rush were in town and... nuff said![/quote]

Let's hope he can pull his socks up!

Checked the man last night. I preferred the Warwick/Trace setup but give him his dues, he played well. Nice groove throughout. I like Ronson's plan, surround yourself by great musicians - he was by far the worst musician stage (in a playing sesnse)... they make him look good.