Why become a member? ×

RUSH - Manchester

tempo

Yet another thread...

Absolutely brilliant gig. Great setlist (knew it already though), killer playing by all, esp Neil's drum solo, and the atmosphere was electric.
Didn't get to see his Ric though, what song had he used it on at other gigs? Just his main jazz, red jazz tuned to D for "Circumstances" and the Jaco for "MalNar"

[quote name='tempo' post='74457' date='Oct 15 2007, 10:14 AM']Yet another thread...

Absolutely brilliant gig. Great setlist (knew it already though), killer playing by all, esp Neil's drum solo, and the atmosphere was electric.
Didn't get to see his Ric though, what song had he used it on at other gigs? Just his main jazz, red jazz tuned to D for "Circumstances" and the Jaco for "MalNar"[/quote]

He uses the Rick on [color="#F5F5F5"]the encore, A Passage To Bangkok[/color]. Highlight to read, 'cos it's a spoiler.

It certainly was an amazing gig. As a live band nobody can come close to touching them. The sound was crystal clear from where I was in the seated area on the Geddy side. There were none of the sound problems others have experienced on previous gigs. My only gripe was the cabling from the light rigs partially blocking my view of Neil Peart so I had to watch his magic on the screens on stage. There was a lot of humour on stage between the three of them who tried to out gurn each other at the end of each song. I managed to film about half an hour of the gig including the first five songs altogether. Should be on Youtube soon. Incidentally my wife got chatting to someone she used to work with at the gig who had been to the Rush Convention meeting in Manchester earlier that day, and guess who was guest speaker... Geddy himself. I bet that surprised a few.

...And to see Geddy in kilt and ginger wig making a date with a bucket of chicken... I guess you had to be there.

[quote name='ednaplate' post='74522' date='Oct 15 2007, 12:05 PM']Incidentally my wife got chatting to someone she used to work with at the gig who had been to the Rush Convention meeting in Manchester earlier that day, and guess who was guest speaker... Geddy himself. I bet that surprised a few.[/quote]

I don't think he was... I'm pretty sure it was Terry Brown and Andrew MacNaughtan.

I know Geddy thanked Eucon for their hospitality at the end of the show last night so maybe he was there after all... or maybe not. It's interesting that you mentioned Terry Brown as he is my mate's godfather (he's originally from Toronto) and gets regular emails from him so I'll check it out later when I see him.