Why become a member? ×

Tim Commerford Overdrive

EskimoBassist

Hey

Well i am a massive Rage and Audioslave fan and i must quote Commerford as one of my bass heroes. Hence i would love to be able to emulate his beautiful gritty sound.

What pedals would you suggest from experience could bring me close to getting that, please?

I do understand that his unique sound is the combination of his handwired pickups, his crazy amp/effects setup and his homemade distortion unit, but even so i would love to be able to play with such a fantastic tone. I play a Fender Jazz if that helps!

Thanks alot for reading/helping!

Rich

[quote name='joegarcia' post='75308' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:42 PM']Yea, Guv'nor mkI all the way. I have one and love it to bits. Think there are a few on Ebay at the moment.[/quote]

I tell ya mate,

I stumbled over his sound on my rig recently! Its rather fiendish rumbling sub bass thats more from his Audioslave work than RATM.

I use a MXR Bass Blowtorch through an Ashdown ABM with full valve pre-amp selected. For added "Cochise" I stick the Cry baby bass wah on. Ive seen it move pint glasses!!!! Great stuff.

Keep searching

C