Why become a member? ×

Bob Glaub + Dark Star at the Pit

obbm

[quote]I think my Sterling's days are numbered[/quote]

Oh no! And I can't afford it back :)

I've just ordered a Villex Booster for my BG. Going to keep the tone pot and stack it with the volume. I think it'll sound pretty awesome if the Squier Tigran had at the bash is anything to go by.

A Darkstar would be nice but all that woodwork? The Lindy Fralins will have to do.

The Sterling btw is a cracker if anyone's interested.

Peter

[quote name='Platypus' post='75495' date='Oct 17 2007, 11:03 AM']Homer, I do have a BG, though I'm going to hang on to that :)

P[/quote]

How does it sound? Does it sound like a Fender P or is it deeper / darker / whatever?

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='75500' date='Oct 17 2007, 11:26 AM']Oh no! And I can't afford it back :huh:

I've just ordered a Villex Booster for my BG. Going to keep the tone pot and stack it with the volume. I think it'll sound pretty awesome if the Squier Tigran had at the bash is anything to go by.

A Darkstar would be nice but all that woodwork? The Lindy Fralins will have to do.

The Sterling btw is a cracker if anyone's interested.

Peter[/quote]

Hello Peter - not really sure what I want to do yet but I'm curious why you're adding a Villex Booster - is there something lacking in the BG?

Not really, more a case of Tigran's got an offer on and I was mega impressed with the passive booster so thought 'this could make a great sounding bass totally awesome'.

I'll let you know how my tinkering goes.

Have you tried a Lakky P before Alan?

Peter