Why become a member? ×

Bass Floor Pod

MacDaddy

On the face of it, the Line 6 Bass Floor Pod seems to be a bit of a deal:

5 bass amps models, with a synth model

Effects - Envelope Filter, Octaver, and Chorus, with a Compressor and you also have a built-in wah/volume pedal

Brand new from £129.99 if you do a cursory search.

Compare this though, to the Floor Pod for guitar, available for the [u]same price[/u]:

12 amp models

Effects - Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Sweep Echo, Reverb, Noise Gate, Compressor, Wah, and a Distortion Boost, and Volume Pedal

As a Bassist I feel a bit insulted and get the impression the Bass Floor Pod was added as an afterthough, with a [i]'that'll do' [/i]approach.

have you seen the new version

the pod x3 live about 350quid

there's no guitar or bass version it's both + mic pre modelling and you can run two channels with independant processing at once

I use a pod2 for recording but I'm sort of gassing for this as I may be starting gigging soon and it'd probably do most of what I want

might try to get the guitard to get one as he's lacking in pedals at the moment and needs a load for the project

We will have an X3 in the studio soon. I see no reaon to replace my XT Pro in my bass rig though but the X3 will be a superb tool in the studio, for vocals too. I still haven't heard anything about a rack version though...

the GT6b wasnt any different in my perspective...

most of the fx simulations were for guitar, with the addon of being able to set the percentage of dry/wet fx, which is the ONLY thing that saved it IMO.

it was launched at about the same time as its line6 counterpart, which came with proprietory software and usb connection, the gt6b didnt have that, nor have they made any effort to get that going anytime soon,

the amp models were a very STRANGE sellection, considering what we have available...

lets face it, bassplayers, to the rest of the world are unseen and will always plug straight into the amp, with no need for fx or anything of the kind.

bah.

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='78358' date='Oct 23 2007, 04:00 PM']lets face it, bassplayers, to the rest of the world are unseen and will always plug straight into the amp, with no need for fx or anything of the kind.

bah.[/quote]

quite possibly true :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='77045' date='Oct 20 2007, 04:27 PM']think I'll wait for version 2 (if they do one) which hopefully will have delay and a tuner.[/quote]

I've just discovered it does have a tuner, but only by watching the 'movie' on the Line 6 website. Nowhere else in the spec on the site, or any others, has mention of the tuner :)

Is it just taken for granted now that multi-effects units/pedals will have a tuner?

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='100560' date='Dec 6 2007, 10:54 PM']I've just discovered it does have a tuner, but only by watching the 'movie' on the Line 6 website. Nowhere else in the spec on the site, or any others, has mention of the tuner :)

Is it just taken for granted now that multi-effects units/pedals will have a tuner?[/quote]

I've just bought one of these, and yes, it has a tuner!

I actually like it. I have used other multi-effects in the past, but to be honest they tend to have loads of effects which I never use, and are fiddly to programme. The floor pod has a few basic (and usable) effects, and is very easy to programme.

The amp models are decent enough (although the synth is pretty useless). A lot of the time I simply use it as a compressor and tuner, and it does both jobs well.

My only reservation is that it does feel a bit plasticky next to, say, the Zoom B2.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='simon1964' post='102027' date='Dec 10 2007, 09:29 AM']I've just bought one of these, and yes, it has a tuner!

I actually like it. I have used other multi-effects in the past, but to be honest they tend to have loads of effects which I never use, and are fiddly to programme. The floor pod has a few basic (and usable) effects, and is very easy to programme.

The amp models are decent enough (although the synth is pretty useless). A lot of the time I simply use it as a compressor and tuner, and it does both jobs well.

My only reservation is that it does feel a bit plasticky next to, say, the Zoom B2.[/quote]

can the tuner cope with a low B?