Why become a member? ×

Hohner B2B Headless corpse - Gone

OldGit

You probably know the score - headless wooden Steinberger copy from some time ago.
Two EMG inspired passive pups, Steinberger licenced bridge and string retainer ..

This particular one was extensively customised by the Post Office
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=716&view=findpost&p=6359"]Story here[/url]
Offers?

[url="http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2579233850057071579DZpulo"][/url]

Please PM me for more painful images

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='75921' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:15 AM']You probably know the score - headless wooden Steinberger copy from some time ago.
Two EMG inspired passive pups, Steinberger licenced bridge and string retainer ..

This particular one was extensively customised by the Post Office
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=716&view=findpost&p=6359"]Story here[/url]
Offers?

Please PM me for more painful images[/quote]

I've seen basses sold in worse condition to that, with the description "real mojo" :)

Edited by tredders

[quote name='cetera' post='76027' date='Oct 18 2007, 03:13 PM']....or break the ramains of the neck off and then fit a bulb/holder and lampshade on above the body.

Voila.... very cool bass lamp! :huh: :)[/quote]

Ha ha go ahead (or aheadless)

[quote name='cetera' post='76027' date='Oct 18 2007, 03:13 PM']....or break the ramains of the neck off and then fit a bulb/holder and lampshade on above the body.

Voila.... very cool bass lamp! :huh: :huh:[/quote]

I knew I'd seen one somewhere :)

Just to clarify. I want this to go all together rather than break it up myself.
The pup surrounds are broken too

I'm just looking to cover the postage and for it to go and have a nice afterlife somewhere rather than chuck it or cannibalise it.

[quote name='MB1' post='76087' date='Oct 18 2007, 05:05 PM']MB1. :huh:
Id have this, but to be honest i really dont trust the royal mail to deliver it without breaking it!.........Again.......and......again....and again and again! :huh:[/quote]

Ho ho perhaps they'll run over it again and straighten it all out :)

Pity you're not going to cannibalise it - I'm thinking of de-active-ating my Hohner B2Afl, replacing everything after the pickups, including the pots, knobs & socket. I've had problems with the active circuit I made years ago, to replace the rubbish original. Pickups are fine, and mine has 2 soapbars anyway, not P&J. It would cost a lot more to post the whole body to Dublin than just the electronics, though.

Edited by bnt