Why become a member? ×

Saying Hello

Count Bassy

Hello there.

I used to be a lurker in bass world, but I don't think I even got as far as introducing myself or contributing anything, then moved to Basstalk and declared myself, now moved here due to .... Well most of us know why!

I thougt I'd repost my original Basstalk introduction here:

I play a medium scale bass that I built myself when I was about 17 (I'm now almost 50). That sounds like I've been playing bass for a long time, but actually the bass has spent most of the last 30 years up the attic, at least up until about 2 years ago when a band came together in the village. The band, 'Get One In", did our first pubic gig just before Christmas, which was the first time I'd actually played bass in public!

Anyway it all went well, so I have re-found my enthusiam for the bass, which is why I'm here in [s]Basstalk[/s] Basschat. Actually I've always been enthusiastic about bass, but never did anything about it before now.

The band is doing old rock and blues stuff, Eg: Dancing in the Moonlight, Purple Haze, Born to be wild, Wishing Well (the free one, not the other one), Superstition, and so on.

I've got lots of questions to ask, but I'll put those in the appropriate forums as they arise.

Gear:

The above mentioned bass + a Marshall B65 combo. I see that Marshall bass amps aren't too highly rated here, but ,believe me, its a lot better than playing through my Hi-Fi, which I used to do!

Regards to all

Clive.

--------------------

Clive Thorne

Hi Clive, glad to have you on board and 'out of the closet' ;0)

The bass sounds interesting - I am fascinated by home builds. Have you got some piccies for us?

Cheers mate, see you around
ped

Ped,

I'll try and get some pics, as long as you all understand that I was only 17 when I built it! I had never held a real bass at that time, so the design was was based mainly on pictures in magazines! However I'm quite proud to say that, despite some unique design features, the intonation is spot on!

Clive.