Why become a member? ×

Maplins Ali Head case in the sale

OldGit

Just a heads up.

The [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3991&C=newsletter&U=07p11-4&T=12118569"]Maplins Aluminium Case[/url] is in the sale right now £15 rather than £30.
I have two - on for my Markbass LMK (more protection than their bag and a lot cheaper)
and another for effects and stuff.

[quote name='ednaplate' date='Oct 19 2007, 01:03 PM' post='76484']
I got one from B&Q recently for about £14-15. Very useful for keeping your bits in one place (!)

MB1. :)

Keeps all your guns together in one place,so you can get on with your car crime!

[quote name='cheddatom' post='76510' date='Oct 19 2007, 01:36 PM']I prefer your version too. I was wondering if it might possibly be true, in which case i'd be e-mailing everyone telling them how rude their favorite DIY shop is, so I googled it, and, no :-([/quote]

Off shoot of C&A possibly?

[quote name='Cantdosleepy' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:47 PM' post='76606']
Continuing with the 'one for bum, one for lady-bum' conceit, surely [i]twinge[/i] and [i]glitter[/i]?

Does Homebase do these?

MB1. :)

M***E AND S*****R? :huh: I was thinking Master and Servant ala Depeche Mode! dont think youve any chance getting M&S or a new Guncase at Homebase.

[quote name='MB1' post='76984' date='Oct 20 2007, 02:33 PM'][quote name='Cantdosleepy' post='76606' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:47 PM']
Continuing with the 'one for bum, one for lady-bum' conceit, surely [i]twinge[/i] and [i]glitter[/i]?

Does Homebase do these?

MB1. :huh:

M***E AND S*****R? :huh: I was thinking Master and Servant ala Depeche Mode! dont think youve any chance getting M&S or a new Guncase at Homebase.[/quote][/quote]

I had no idea the yoof kept their guns in these 'til I was sack trollying 4 or 5 of them out from a gig one night and someone going in said "my what a lot of guns you have, must be a rough venue" :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cheddatom' post='76532' date='Oct 19 2007, 01:14 PM']I get B&Q and C&A, but maybe my mind's not dirty enough for M&S?[/quote]

I overheard an amusing, albeit brief conversation the other day:

person 1: is there a B&Q in Stourbridge?

person 2*: er, well..... there's definately a 'B'

[size=1]* In the context I'm fairly sure person 2 was having a laff, but otherwise it would make a great blonde/brunette joke I reckon![/size]

PS: there [i]is[/i] a B&Q in Stourbridge; it's on the Ring Road just by the cop shop, and the nearest B&Q Warehouse would probably be Mucklow Hill in Halesowen...... for those of you who may have been wondering!

[quote name='MB1' post='77591' date='Oct 21 2007, 11:08 PM']MB1. :)

Ive seen these cases !.....you havent got a cat in hells chance of getting a markbass 210P in one![/quote]
Haha!

I just got one of the foam-lined cases actually, grand little box it is too :-)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='76491' date='Oct 19 2007, 12:13 PM']i thought nottingham was supposed to be the gun crime capital of the uk? Do they decide these things in advance, like Liverpool city of culture.[/quote]

should Leicester have been capital of culture then?