Why become a member? ×

sticky pedal board velcro come unstuck

john_the_bass

i stuck some sticky backed 4" velcro onto the hexboard in my pedalboard and it was alright for a while, but now it's come unstuck.
Any suggestions as to how i should restick it or what I should replace it with?

I was thinking I would just get some contact adhesive and restick the existing stuff, wait for it to dry and then put the pedals back on.

[quote name='ahpook' post='76854' date='Oct 20 2007, 08:39 AM']plus the one...and some sturdy staples as well...[/quote]
I've had the same problem as John - silly, but very annoying! But just the mention of the staples is like having all the light bulbs turned on at once! Thanks..

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='77034' date='Oct 20 2007, 05:06 PM']i went out to get some earlier and some tins of spray contact adhesive for a mate to stick his studio carpets down - so i didn't bother buying my stuff and just used that instead.

Sprayed it to both the hexboard and the velcro and put it back in place - seems to have done the job nicely! Cheers all[/quote]

just a word of advice about spraymount-style adhesives...use them outdoors ! the glue flies around and gets everywhere