Why become a member? ×

Roto Tru bass 88 --- Awesome.....!

The Burpster

[quote name='The Burpster' post='76748' date='Oct 19 2007, 09:43 PM']Anyone know of anywhere cheaper than Dolphins £22 for a set of Tru Bass Nylon wound flatties?[/quote]

No , but stringbusters sell the Galli nylon flats for £18 , they are meant to be very nice strings, might be worth a try

[quote name='The Burpster' post='76872' date='Oct 20 2007, 09:39 AM']MD, thanks.....

They are bit unknown to me, I dont know of anyone that has their axe strung with them.....

B.[/quote]

Hi Burpster ,

I believe that Galli strings have only recently been available in the uk but people have made some very positive comments about them. You can get Roto Trubass for cheap from stringsdirect but you need to buy 3+ sets of them

• 4 weeks later...

I got a set, and put them on my 'tweaked' Ibanez Blazer..... they really are the dogs danglies....

Proper gutteral double bass sound but they still have a nice 'way oop the neck on the G string' sound.....

I'm pretty impressed.... (can you tell?)

NOW I see why Herbie Flowers only uses these...... VERY rock 'n roll!

:)

PS GHS do a set along the same lines (guages) and I'll be trying some of them in the not too distant future!