Why become a member? ×

Gig predicament

thumbo

My advice FWIW is go and play and ace it..... (bass players are s'posed to be the dependable ones :) )

When everyones on a high afterwards, buy the 'superstar' a drink and point out to him that its rude not answerin' his fone, and whelching on your practice agreement. Tell him you'd consider playing for him again, but only if he keeps his word......Watch him squirm!

Oh the pshycology of guilt....... I love it!

Good luck tonite....

No tutu pics I'm affraid, it was in the wash.

The gig actually went really well, I had a word with the guitarist, told him exactly how I felt about stuff which paid off. We spent an hour before the gig going over stuff and I scribbled random letters on a some paper to remind me of things. I hit a some bum notes, but I hit them with conviction so they just sounded like dodgey notes, not mistakes! :)

I'm glad I played the gig, I had a good time. I honestly can say that I wouldn't have played it if you lot hadn't convinced me otherwise though! Thanks :huh:

We also got offered two more gigs, which with a bit more practice should be great.

cheers

I have massive issues with the drummer of a band I play in ("drummers being tits?" I hear you cry but yes folks, drummers aren't very nice a lot of the time) and think he needs someone to teach him a lesson and have considered leaving the band all together in an attempt to make him realise how much of a nob end he is most of the time. I've decided to be the bigger man in the end and stick with it, i'm only there for the experience and due to me being friends with the other members of the band now.

Be the bigger man I say, he may be a bit smug and think he gets away with everything but in the end as a session player you're going to have to put up with that from time to time and for doing just that, you're the better person I say. Good luck with it all (Y)

I can still vividly remember the "country" gig where they were all dressed as cowboys and indians. They had been drinking heavily all weekend. The guns I guessed were fake, but the knives and the rope......I've never seen a PA engineer beg us to play before......and I'm sure the milkybarkid was too young to be that pissed. yeeeharr(Weston-Super-Mare style).

BB

[quote name='BeLow' post='79920' date='Oct 26 2007, 07:32 PM']Hey Thumbo glad it went well - slightly relieved would have felt a bit daft if you had a mare - anyway this way maybe I get ocome and see you playing bass in a country band wearing a tutu - never thought I'd hear myself uttering those words in the sequence![/quote]

Cheers mate! :)