Why become a member? ×

Cable advice

slazman

Give a holler to OBBM on this forum, he'll wack you up a professional cable (top quality lead and jacks) for cheaper than all retailers, makes them however you want in reference to jacks and lengths.

Edit: Link to the Special Offers section for more details: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=502"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=502[/url]

Edited by Buzz

[quote name='Buzz' post='77040' date='Oct 20 2007, 05:19 PM']Give a holler to OBBM on this forum, he'll wack you up a professional cable (top quality lead and jacks) for cheaper than all retailers, makes them however you want in reference to jacks and lengths.
Edit: Link to the Special Offers section for more details: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=502"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=502[/url][/quote]

Thanks for that, will do ... tried a bit of searching on the site and came up with nothing ... guess I need to hone my search technique!

[quote name='slazman' post='77025' date='Oct 20 2007, 04:43 PM']Time to buy a new cable for my Bass to my combo amp ... any advice for one who hasn't bought before? Value for money/quality compromise?[/quote]

For me; it's always got be a curly one - better bottom end! :)

Edited by nick

[quote name='slazman' post='77025' date='Oct 20 2007, 04:43 PM']Time to buy a new cable for my Bass to my combo amp ... any advice for one who hasn't bought before? Value for money/quality compromise?[/quote]

The most transparent cables are Zaolla. If you've spent good money on a great bass and have good quality amplification then they've got to matched by the best signal cable.

I got mine from SMART Distribution and they are really the best investment in cables ever, won't look at anything else now. The instrument cables are really flexible too and the hardware is of the best quality to match at either end of the cable.

Caption: "We wouldn't fly without our Zaolla cables!"

Edited by Bassman7

[quote name='Bassman7' post='77190' date='Oct 21 2007, 08:29 AM']The most transparent cables are Zaolla. If you've spent good money on a great bass and have good quality amplification then they've got to matched by the best signal cable.

I got mine from SMART Distribution and they are really the best investment in cables ever, won't look at anything else now. The instrument cables are really flexible too and the hardware is of the best quality to match at either end of the cable.

Caption: "We wouldn't fly without our Zaolla cables!"[/quote]

Nice sales patter Bassman7, or is it Mr Smart?

[quote name='LowDLow' post='77212' date='Oct 21 2007, 10:02 AM']Nice sales patter Bassman7, or is it Mr Smart?[/quote]

Bassman7 all the way! What a terrible thing to say to a chap trying to help the originator of the tread get some advice form the forum?

My opinion of Zaolla is what I said, hey any more members care to chip in on their experiences with Zaolla good or bad to help?

Good presentation of one's opinion on a great product shouldn't be a cause for complaint, surely??

Oops here I am as Mr Studiospares...if you have a tight budget go and buy their great value for money instrument cables made using high quality Klotz cable and genuine Neutrik hardware:

www.studiospares.com

Caption: "The Big Rat is even wired with Zaolla now...best signal path for..."

Edited by Bassman7

[quote name='Bassman7' post='77236' date='Oct 21 2007, 10:46 AM']My opinion of Zaolla is what I said, hey any more members care to chip in on their experiences with Zaolla good or bad to help?[/quote]
I have never used Zaolla cables but I have seen good reviews. I read that the best cables in the world are, supposedly, made by Shunyata Research. They are also cryogenically frozen, which apparently improves the sound a lot, but are in the £1000's per foot!!

You could go for Evidence Audio, which seems to be generally held in high esteem in the music business. These are not quite so expensive.

But, you would probably get the best sound per pound from OBBM's cables. I believe they are Klotz?

This is good quality cable and, at his prices, you would not do better.

But, you would probably get the best sound per pound from OBBM's cables. I believe they are Klotz?

This is good quality cable and, at his prices, you would not do better.
[/quote]

Spot on! I have a Klotz/Neutrik Studiospares instrument cable as back up and a spare. Highly recommended!

Caption: "We used to use Klotz in the UFO..."

[quote name='chris_b' post='77245' date='Oct 21 2007, 11:27 AM']I believe they are Klotz?[/quote]

I take great care to respect the non-commercial nature of this Forum which is why I try to never get involved in these discussions and never blatently advertise or promote, except where already agreed with the Mods. There are plenty of members who can provide appropriate comment.

However on this occasion I wish to clarify that I currently use Klotz for the speaker cables and Vandamme for instrument and mics.

In my corporate working life I was involved with building literally hundreds of studios, edit suites and outside broadcast trucks using Vandamme with never a problem. It's comparable with Klotz but comes in several colours which is a benefit to some. If anyone wants Klotz then I can do that as well.

I've never had a cable from OBBM but I would recommend him for the simple reason that he uses the same high quality components that I do for all mine. Well made, good cables that are looked after properly should last for years. Infact, I just made up a whole new set for my kit box simply because the cables were getting a bit dirty. 2 years of constant use and no breaks or problems.