Why become a member? ×

my beaver doesn't work

john_the_bass

howdy
the BYOC Beaver that I've had on my board seems to have some difficulty working properly. I think it's had the same intermittent fault since I bought it used - when it's on, the sound (either guitar or bass) is very quiet, almost muted, and there's no distinguishable effect comes out of it, just a lot of low hiss, which gets louder as you increase the volume. I've tried taking it out of the signal chain and putting it back in and that seemed to work, but it just seems to be bummed now. I didn't build it so I've no idea where to start looking at it.

Any ideas? Anybody's pedals stopped working in a similar fashion? Is it possible that because the back is loose (it was sent to me with only one screw and I've still not got round to getting replacements), something's shorting or earthing in it?
Ta

Edited by john_the_bass

[quote name='john_the_bass' date='Oct 20 2007, 05:59 PM' post='77054']
Martin, is this yours?

Buzz, it was the briefest of gasps - I think it could be a job for my old man. I've not got much of a clue when it comes to taking these things apart.

MB1. :)

Nice Beaver!

• 1 month later...

this thing doesn't work at all now - i have no idea about electronics or soldering or stuff like that. I ran a recorded phrase through my headrush into the pedal and had a fiddle around with the wires in the back and it did nothing.

Any suggestions other than to bin the bloody useless thing?
Never really worked properly either

Edited by john_the_bass