Why become a member? ×

Fender jag bass

zedcar

[quote name='Steve_nottm' post='6436' date='May 25 2007, 12:55 PM']Love mine I have to say
great tone and punch (compared to the precision I have as well) and looks the part too.
I must admit I don't use the full range (as you can switch between active and passive) and I tend to use the passive only.[/quote]

They're pretty flexible tonally, some (IMHO) really good Jazz'esque sounds and a great feel. I've a love it/hate it thing going on with the look but if I was you, I'd go for it as you can't go wrong with the price for such a great bass.

Incidently, I went to see The Who on Tuesday and was yards from the frankly brilliant Pino Palladino who was doing the bass'ing. Although he used his 1964 Precision Salmon Pink Signature (strung with flats through a couple of Ampeg SVT Classic heads and matching 8x10's!) throughout the show, I spotted the roadie tuning a black Jag bass before the gig started so I guess he had one of these as a backup.

Tony

Well, I´ve only ever tried one, and that was a disappointment.

Well made, typical CIJ quality, very good looking.
Terrible setup, but that´s not the fault of the bass.
Lots of sounds, but none of them inspired me. The electronics were very noisy, loud hissing and humming no matter what I did - active and passive mode, with one and both pickups, with treble on or off, different amps and leads...

Personally, I´d take any standard Jazz over the Jag (even without the hiss).

BTW, it´s still in the shop and has been for months, so others obviously feel the same about it...

Could not find them on ishibashi. You could send them an email. Would imagine dood or ped would be able to help you out if you was intrested

Here is the web page for fender japan/ Jaguar bass.

[url="http://fenderjapan.co.jp/fender/2007fender/jaguar_bass.htm"]http://fenderjapan.co.jp/fender/2007fender/jaguar_bass.htm[/url]

Gotta admit that I've had a bit of GAS for a Black Jag after seeing one in the latest MCR vid (no..no..no..not a fan but daughter 2 loves Gerrard Way). Unfortunately since I agreed the 3 bass max policy with 'her that must be obeyed' it would have to kick out a Sterling or a Thumb. Now if there's a Fretless....