Why become a member? ×

Behringer bass effects

rob_89

[quote name='ste_m3' post='81034' date='Oct 29 2007, 09:57 PM']i had the bass overdrive,

Gain, bass, treble, clean/dry mix and level, did exactly what it said on the tin![/quote]

Technically not a tin though you bearded waster

I owned pink behringer guitar pedal, its somewhere on a dusty shelf - I think it was called the ultra metal UM100. It was the most horrific I have ever owned. It made my guitar sound like white noise. I never dared put it through my bass.
So with that in mind, I have never been a huge fan of behringer pedals

I have the tuner, ultra bass flanger, limiter enhancer, bass eq and I also had the hellbabe wah. Ok they are cheap plastic boxes but for 15 quid what do you expect? I keep them in my pedal case so there isn't much going to happen to them. Now my critique - The tuner struggles sometimes to pick up a low B and has an awful habit of running out of battery power just before a gig (changing the battery is a pain in the arse on these boxes). The EQ is really sensitive, adjusting the sliders even just a fraction boosts the volume ridiculously, but it still sounds fine. The flanger I've just gotten but so far I am very, very impressed. The limiter/enhancer does the job just fine. The hellbabe lost a bit of volume & tone when it came on but sounded good enough. I got some nice swells from it. However it just decided to stop wah-ing one day! It was only 25 bucks so no biggie.

Overall, they'll do the job until you can scrape together enough dosh to buy quality replacements.

There's no wrong way! Only your preference/opinion. I have my limiter at the end of my chain, but that's because I like to use the different output levels on my pedals to create a more/less compressed sound, rather than louder and quieter. No unity gain on my board! Many people would say this is the wrong way :)