Why become a member? ×

Behringer bass effects

rob_89

I dont have any of the effects as such, but I use the AB100 switch box to switch between my 2 basses. It does the job. Boxes are plastic so wouldnt stand up to heavy gigging.

I would recommend the GLX range of pedals over the Berrys. They are BOSS clones (metal cases)but half the price. They are available from Dangleberry Music on Ebay.

[quote name='rob_89' post='77289' date='Oct 21 2007, 01:52 PM']hi everyone,

was just wondering - has anyone tried and tested the Behringer stomp box range? the price is attractive, but are they worth having? any feedback on this would be much appreciated, thanks...[/quote]
I've got a few - you can't go wrong at the price. For £15 they are a steal. In places (the graphic eq pedal for example) isn't quite as good as the Boss, but I'm happy with them all. I have flanger, tuner, eq and chorus BTW. And V-Amp Pro. Which is a great piece of kit.

i've got the sansamp rip-off (the rbi 21) and it's fine, and i also have their tuner pedal as well (which i've used live wsith no problems)

they're not as sturdy as metal-built ones, so if you go smashing your foot down on them you might hurt them. but just go easy !!!

Edited by ahpook

I have a few of them. The ADI-21 acoustic preamp I bought to use with my stratacoustic made my Dean Pace sound fantastic - so much so that when I sold the pace the buyer insisted I threw in the pedal, so I'll have to buy myself a new one now :)(

The green limiter enhancer is my favourite as its very transparent, the magenta bass overdrive has some nice sounds, but I didn't really get on with the tuner pedal .

I recall hearing a (supposedly true) story of someone returning a guitar tuner to a shop for that reason. He had left it plugged in overnight and the guitar was still out of tune in the morning. :huh:

Just as daft is people insisting on using their own tuners in the studio rather than at least checking with the same tuner everyone else is using and/or trusting their ears. I've heard a guitarist insist that he was in tune 'cause his tuner says so, despite the racket from the amp. :)

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='78110' date='Oct 23 2007, 11:04 AM']I recall hearing a (supposedly true) story of someone returning a guitar tuner to a shop for that reason. He had left it plugged in overnight and the guitar was still out of tune in the morning. :)[/quote] :huh: that is f***ing genius

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='77682' date='Oct 22 2007, 10:29 AM']Snip....but I didn't really get on with the tuner pedal .[/quote]

+1 Struggles with my E string, god forbid you need to tune a 5 banger!

[quote name='rob_89' post='83200' date='Nov 3 2007, 05:38 PM']cheers for replies everyone, just ordered the glx distortion pedal as it came with its recommendation, and seemed to have good reviews elsewhere. appreciated :)[/quote]

Phew, you didnt go for the tuner :huh:

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='78110' date='Oct 23 2007, 10:04 AM']I recall hearing a (supposedly true) story of someone returning a guitar tuner to a shop for that reason. He had left it plugged in overnight and the guitar was still out of tune in the morning. :)[/quote]

Was it this one? [url="http://www.gizmag.com/go/4951/"]http://www.gizmag.com/go/4951/[/url]

[quote name='bremen' post='88463' date='Nov 14 2007, 03:36 PM']Was it this one? [url="http://www.gizmag.com/go/4951/"]http://www.gizmag.com/go/4951/[/url][/quote]
Nope :)

That looks like an overpriced solution looking for a problem if ever I saw one.

The first line of that article shows that the writer doesn't know what he's going on about:
[quote]"For most people, tuning a guitar takes three to five minutes"[/quote]

I can imagine the ribbing I'd give the guitarists in my band if they took several minutes to get in tune. Tuning a 5 string bass using a planet waves SOS tuner takes about 15 seconds.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to add my recommends for GLX as well, fantastic pedals!

I did use the Behringer LMB-3 clone for a while, and despite my first one breaking, it wasn't a great heartache shelling out the £15 to replace it! Now I use the GLX version, and despite being £10 more expensive than the Behringer, it's a million times better in terms of build quality.

I also had the Behringer "Vintage Phaser" Small Stone ripoff, and it was OK. It's one of the few with a metal casing, but the pots are still circuit mounted rather than attaching to the body, and the switch feels a bit flakey. That said though, it did me quite nicely, but I've replaced it with a real EHX Small Stone now.

I also have the tremolo, bass overdrive, Guitar DI and wah wah, but these generally just sorta sit around not getting used a lot at the moment :)

just to add my tuppence-worth...

i've just replaced my behringer pedal tuner with a boss tu-2. i had to put my signal line booster on before the behringer to get it to register a signal in a reasonable amount of time and i found the tuning pretty off.

vmmy of cours

Edited by ahpook