Why become a member? ×

circle k strings

billphreets

No, but they look interesting and I'd like to try a set. They even go up to .200, that's the biggest I've heard of for a bass string!

You could always ask them direct:

[url="http://circlekstrings.com/store/contact.html"]http://circlekstrings.com/store/contact.html[/url]

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='703181' date='Jan 6 2010, 05:55 PM']No, but they look interesting and I'd like to try a set. They even go up to .200, that's the biggest I've heard of for a bass string!

You could always ask them direct:

[url="http://circlekstrings.com/store/contact.html"]http://circlekstrings.com/store/contact.html[/url][/quote]
shipping charges are a little on the steep side to say the least...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='knuckle_head' post='718228' date='Jan 19 2010, 06:48 PM']We know about the huge dime on shipping outside the US - it's even worse to Australia. :)

Biggest mission for Circle K this year is to secure EU distribution. We'll get it figured out.[/quote]

Is there absolutely no way to send them outside the US without the massive postage cost?

[quote name='Protium' post='719251' date='Jan 20 2010, 09:55 AM']Is there absolutely no way to send them outside the US without the massive postage cost?[/quote]
We've lost a few sets after sending them surface/less-than-secure methods and ended up springing for a second set plus a second round of shipping.

We're investigating other, less expensive ways but we won't risk moneys handed to us in good faith.

• 2 years later...

[quote name='joegarcia' timestamp='1356654207' post='1912197']
Bump.
Anyone had any more luck with this?
[/quote]

Circle K Shipping is about 15 dollars now. Tried Newtone but have been less then helpful in their replies to me regarding a Drop C set even after I said I was ready to plonk money down.

I'm sure it's me being particularly thick but I do not understand the guages they quote. For example
[quote].045 5 String 34 to 35 Scale Length Balanced
.045 .031 .020 .014 .010
[/quote]
Does this mean; start at 45 then add the successive value, so a set would be:
G - 45 : D - 76 : A - 96 : E - 110 : B - 120
as compared to a standard set of Elixir's (say)
G - 45 : D - 65 : A - 85 : E - 105 : B - 130

• 1 year later...

I was just checking these out, shipping charges came to $24 for a 4str set...does anybody regularly order from them and if so what is your approximate cost for a set or two plus shipping? Given that i'd be trying a new balanced tension style set of gauges i'd ideally like to just get one set and see how I get on!

(i've also been playing around with some drop tunings, so hoping that I can go with higher tension at the bottom end and compromise some playability in standard tuning, to gain a bit in drop).

Any thoughts very welcome, either on Circle K or other good alternatives for the Drop stuff!

Cheers,

Tom

[quote name='wwcringe' timestamp='1410648550' post='2551685']
I was just checking these out, shipping charges came to $24 for a 4str set...does anybody regularly order from them and if so what is your approximate cost for a set or two plus shipping? Given that i'd be trying a new balanced tension style set of gauges i'd ideally like to just get one set and see how I get on!

(i've also been playing around with some drop tunings, so hoping that I can go with higher tension at the bottom end and compromise some playability in standard tuning, to gain a bit in drop).

Any thoughts very welcome, either on Circle K or other good alternatives for the Drop stuff!

Cheers,

Tom
[/quote]

I bought 2 sets a few months ago, you need to factor in VAT/import duty, and Royal mail's rip off fee.

Great strings though.

I just got a set for my Dingwall 5 & wanted to try low F# ....
Really like the strings (except the F# .174 tho prob not the string's fault more the low freq) so I took it off & moved the others up & just added a (high) G .. so have normal low B (actually drop A in my case) ...

My initial impression is that I like these Circle K strings even more than the Dingwall or Payson but it looks like this low tuning set is the only one available in the UK that I know of (Bassdirect) I'd love to be able to just get the normal 5 string set next time I need a string change ... :(